Honored Contributor
I don't like the full skirt on this either. How many times can you wear a dress like this? Lisa wears it all the time. I guess she has to justify spending almost $4000 on one dress. Lol
Valued Contributor

love the fuller skirt, very ladylike.

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Esteemed Contributor

I guess GILI is Q's answer to HSN's ""trend-setting"" fashion.

Respected Contributor

Very tempting, but I think it is a bit too short for me. Will double check sizing.

Honored Contributor
On 2/23/2014 Beejene said: I can't believe the price for a QVC/GILI garment. LR said she saw something similar for 5 times the price. I have seen gorgeous leather dresses in Lord & Taylors, Nordstroms and Neimans and they were only slightly more than QVC's price.

She didn't just see it, she owns it. LOL The original is by Jitrois and Lisa has worn it a lot and apparently got a lot of requests to recreate it.

Contributor

I placed my order for it because I like the style of the dress, then I decided to cancel the order. I thought that I would maybe get one or two wears out of the dress. I wouldn't wear it to many functions. So the cost per wear would not be worth it for my life. Even though my husband and I go to plays and the such, I would have to wear it every time we went somewhere to make it worth the $400 with tax and shipping charges added.

Honored Contributor

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

As transparent as Lisa is in just exactly how this dress must be put on before hair and makeup and having to do some sort of inside out contortions to get it off, I think one must be very committed to this dress to purchase it.

It reminds me of the book It Looked Different on the Model by Laurie Notaro. The book begins with her being smitten with a blouse she sees in a shop window. Knowing it is clearly too small, she tries it on anyway and then is stuck in the fitting room because she cannot get it off!

Honored Contributor
I'm reminded if the episode of Friends when Ross is stuck in the bathroom trying to get the leather pants off. Lol
Valued Contributor

The price point of this dress is beyond my budget ($349), plus s&h of $11. At first glance, this leather garment reminds me of the lady terminator in Terminator 3 .... sorry Lisa, but it does.