Trusted Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Kerstin posted this on FB and specifically said that she's in the size 4 and it does zip up and isn't too tight.  Yep.  I'd have to say someone is reading our comments.

yep, damage control mode

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Respected Contributor

Shell looks like it sold out in some sizes. The lighter shades are selling

Super Contributor

if Courtney wears a zero why can't she zip it?

Honored Contributor

Re: GILI LEATHER JACKET TSV

[ Edited ]

To me, a leather jacket is outerwear. lt is for warmth as well as fashion. That's why l won't buy one unless it is roomy enough to zip up. Then, if l get too warm, l open it for comfort.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Adamlambert wrote:

if Courtney wears a zero why can't she zip it?

It looks like she easily could.  I suspect she's choosing to wear it open to show off her top.

Honored Contributor

I'm wondering if they all look like they're wearing a size too small because the shoulders don't fit right in their true size?

If it's not cut right, going up to their true size may mean that it won't fit in the shoulders, giving too much of that 'linebacker' look.

I'm just trying to figure out why it looks too small on everyone, LOL!

Surely, someone there at QVC sees what we see, regarding the fit!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

At first glance I thought I wanted this in chalk.  Then I noticed the zippers on the sleeves. 

I think I can find a better quality leather jacket on sale elsewhere for a similar price. 

As for the smallish looking fit on the models, if you check other websites, you will see this almost too small fit seems to be in style. It isn't something I'd wear but it does seem popular.

Respected Contributor

@SaRina wrote:

I rarely comment on fashion, but this looks absolutely horrid on everyone, particularly the heavier and larger busted women, who only zip it up to under their breasts.  Oh my.

I think the look of a longer top hanging out of a short jacket has seen its day.  It never really looked good.  Get over it.

I agree with ALL you said.

I think this jacket is overpriced for a no name QVC house brand.  I'm over all the cropped cardigans, jackets coats and pants.  I guess one reason is that I'm tall and don't want to feel like I'm wearing clothes that belong to a little girl.  They may be "on trend" as the QVC hosts like to convince us, but that doesn't mean it's something that suits everyone.  Carolyn had it on yesterday and it was dreadful on her. Nor does it look good on Mary Beth or the models like Jackie.   They all need to wear the proper size to start wit and maybe show it zipped up all the way on all of them.  The darn seams would burst if they were even able to get the zipper to meet !

Respected Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

At first glance I thought I wanted this in chalk.  Then I noticed the zippers on the sleeves. 

I think I can find a better quality leather jacket on sale elsewhere for a similar price. 

As for the smallish looking fit on the models, if you check other websites, you will see this almost too small fit seems to be in style. It isn't something I'd wear but it does seem popular.

@lulu2

Actually, the zippers on the sleeves is one of the things that I really like about the jacket.  And the chalk is very nice. (not that I am trying to influence you...) Cat Tongue

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

Someone said she looked awful and I completely disagree. The look is a cropped jacekt over a long top. THere are many "How to wear a Moto Jacket" articles all over the place and THIS is the featured look constantly.