Trusted Contributor

@MorningLover wrote:

I heard Jill Martin say it was meant to be able to wear indoors like a

shirt . That is why she styled it without pockets. She didn't want to

add bulk. She said if you did want to wear something underneath

to be sure and size up. Also I was wondering what size MaryBeth

was wearing and then I heard her say she was in a size 12 !

I think she made this up as the day went on and they started reading posts and seeing how bad the models look in it without sizing up.  That's my opinion. 

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Honored Contributor

For that price, l would at least expect it to be LAMB leather.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

Re: GILI LEATHER JACKET TSV

[ Edited ]

I rarely comment on fashion, but this looks absolutely horrid on everyone, particularly the heavier and larger busted women, who only zip it up to under their breasts.  Oh my.

I think the look of a longer top hanging out of a short jacket has seen its day.  It never really looked good.  Get over it.

Honored Contributor

I'm not busty and I'm short waisted. My guess is this would work for me.

If one is busty, I think this would require going up a size and having the jacket altered elsewhere to fit properly.  

Any coat, jacket, blazer, etc. should be able to close, whether you plan on wearing it that way or not.

Honored Contributor

@60sgirl wrote:

okay, dumbest comments I've ever heard when selling clothing. They are asking the models what size they wear, first model says size 6, but she normally wears size 8, Jayne says really? you're wearing a size 6 then? Jackie comes up and says she's wearing a 14 but could go up a size. None of them are wearing it zipped, so Jayne says if you want to wear it zipped, go up a size. No Jayne, what the models are saying is they should be wearing their NORMAL size if they want it zipped but went down a size.

Why would anyone buy a jacket too small with the intention of not being able to zip it. This TSV is going to be a disaster when all the returns come in. 9:00 am and they sold about 3500, don't see this being a big seller at all.

ETA: Just watching, Jackie needs to go up 2 sizes if she wants it to close, the zipper is so far apart on her jacket, it looks like a bolero instead of a jacket. $3.00 to ship it to you but most likely $9-10 to ship back. Nope, lots of people going to be mad about losing $12 when they send it back. 

I find it hilarious that Jayne even made that ridiculous comment. " If you want to zip it order up a size."  HOw silly.  

Honored Contributor

Kerstin posted this on FB and specifically said that she's in the size 4 and it does zip up and isn't too tight.  Yep.  I'd have to say someone is reading our comments.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: GILI LEATHER JACKET TSV

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono wrote:

@SoX wrote:

It looks really tight on Mary Beth ... and the lining is bunched up on her sleeves.

@SoX

@lolakimono   ...

Oh my ...   no, no, no, no and no!

Honored Contributor

Courtney just said, "A lot of you are picking up more than one, in different colors!" Really??

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Kerstin posted this on FB and specifically said that she's in the size 4 and it does zip up and isn't too tight.  Yep.  I'd have to say someone is reading our comments.

She looks good with it open.  I just don't wear open-front jackets or cardis.  They annoy the heck out of me.  I've bought several and most get donated or I have someone put a closure on them.

I'd not wear a leather jacket open.  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@nycgirl79 wrote:

Sizing aside, I'm trying to get a handle on the shell? How pink do you all think this is? When they show it next to the blue, it looks baby pink but when it is on the models, it looks very, very light pink so much more muted. The chalk is too white for me -- I'd really prefer a warm ivory but that isn't a "GILI" color.  I don't want baby pink so unsure whether to take a chance on this or not. Thanks for the help.

I love the pink color!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"