Esteemed Contributor

Was wondering how many viewers are happy with this clothing line.   There has been alot of items in the last few days show....and it seems to me the clothes, jackets and

even tops seem so fitted/snug and seams, angles and zippers here and there....they even look snug on the models ......the funnel blouse this morning wasn't a bad idea but the final product made the venor's neck angle look weird.   I just feel the clothing line is "trying too hard" to be a high fashion look.............don;t really think they are succeeding myself.   I am sure they have had great sales or they wouldn't be having so many presentations...................

Honored Contributor

Today's FE was branded as "featuring GILI", but at least 3 of the items were on clearance, so they're trying to unload them.

On Monday, between IS and PMS, they had at least 4 clearance GILI items, mixed in with the full price pieces.

I'm sure a lot of it also has to do with GILI Jill's travel schedule from her other jobs.

Frequent Contributor

I think a lot of the styles are cute but.....many are overpriced, made of leather (I don't buy anything leather anymore) or are made of "fussy" fabrics that require a lot of care like dry cleaning, hand washing, ironing, etc.  For example, there was a really cute funnel neck button up shirt on this morning.  But it was 98% cotton and 2% spandex.  If I wore that to work - or as a casual piece as they suggested, I'd be a wrinkled mess before I left home. 

I also agree that a lot of the styles are very fitted and might look great on someone with a great figure.  Unfortunately, as hard as I try, that is just not me.  I hope there are others that can enjoy this line because some of the items are really cute.

Respected Contributor

I have never purchased a GILI item. I think they are priced too high for a store or house brand, jacket for $400.00 and bag for $500.00 I don't think so. I see some things I like but would not pay the asking price.

Respected Contributor

I don't think I have EVER seen GILI item that I cared for.  Not even the bags. 

I feel they are overpriced, and targeted for a younger woman (I am 55).  I also get the feeling the line is not long for this world.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor
This line doesn't fit my lifestyle at all. Also, I think it is too expensive for a Q brand. And, most important to me, I don't really care for the items. My opinion, of course. For others, it may be just the thing you are looking for and if so, good for you.
"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

For me it's been a mixed bag. None of it has been as good as it looked on TV or in those high-fashion images for the LR show. The faux leather pencil skirt, tie-front cotton jacket, lace blouse, and a faus leather jacket were all really good quality for the price; other pieces such as a cashmere sweater, a few wool-blend jackets, and especially the dresses were not good.

I would put what I've seen, touch, worn on par with lines like the cheaper Michael Kors or the cheaper Ralph Lauren line (green tag) and priced similarly--but without the really good fit those lines have. I think this is due to having to accommodate such a range of sizes. If a "premium" line such as this could have three collections (petite, missy, womens) and be allowed to use better fabrics I think it could be a winner. But the prices would be much higher.

I also think, as which happens with so many lines here, the earlier pieces were better quality than later ones. What I see offered now is vastly different than the first garments offered; and the prices are insane when compared to even full-price at retail.

Clearly without Lisa Robertson making this line about her style and lifestyle, the gotta-have mania is long gone. I like Jill--she modest, honest, and giving it her all. But, I don't see this lasting more than a few more seasons.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Esteemed Contributor
Just like all of the clothing lines on the Q, there have been some Gili items that really appealed to me, I bought, and, yes, I do love. The leather-effect (insert smiley face) side zippered skirt was a winner, as was the leopard bag. The clothes mostly seem designed for a body type (tall, thin, busty) much like Jill's, so they appeal to me. There are clothing styles that I just cannot wear so I avoid those and stay in the zone of what looks good on me. As I assume most women do, too. Nothing on FE today tripped my fashion trigger.
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Super Contributor

I just love the GILI leather jacket that was the TSV, and the ponte dress with faux leather.  Both of these items were when Lisa Robertson was behind the line.  Haven't bought anything since then.  In my opinion, something was lost without LR and her personal story. 

Honored Contributor

Re: GILI Clothing Line

[ Edited ]

I purchased two of the handbags (hobos) right at the end of Lisa Robertson's tenure at QVC. I love them and use them regularly. I also purchased the bomber jacket last winter and love, love, love it. However, I bought everything "as is," which made them almost half the price. They all looked brand new when I received them. A couple of months ago I bought another handbag, the convertible (4-in-1) one, and really love it too. The handbags are so soft.

However, I must say that I have not seen anything I like in the Gili line since Jill Martin took over. It has nothing to do with her; it just happens to be the timeline of when I stopped seeing something that said "buy me, buy me." Perhaps my tastes have changed.