Honored Contributor

I used to watch D&Co. even if I didn't buy anything, but there really is nothing new so I stopped watching.I could do without CG, I don't mind Gary and it doesn't impress me that he's a designer, unless he would design specifically for the petite woman.

Honored Contributor

@grooms  So if I understand it correctly, you don't like Gary being called a designer because you don't like the designs of Denim & Co. clothing?  So your interpretation of design, and the title designer is unique to only what you like? 

Whether you like the clothes or not, Gary designs what QVC tells him they think the customers expect and want from the brand.  Yes, designs.  

Gary has an Associate in Applied Science degree (AAS) in fashion design from the NY Fashion Institute of Technology.  His chosen career path may not be the likes of Dennis Basso, or Louis Del O'lio, but yes, he's a designer. 

All because you want to cut down someone at the knees that isn't even on the Forum.  

Gary has FB and IG pages if you'd truly like to have a discussion with him about your thoughts of his title.   

Frequent Contributor

Ugly, ugly clothes.  I used to love Denim & Co. but all they show are overpriced, ugly tops these days.  I want Denim-jackets, vests, shirts & clothes that complement denim.  I believe they could deduct $10 from every item shown & it would be a fair price.  I like Carolyn, Gary is ok

Trusted Contributor

If you want to see something that Isaac designed, is reasonable in price, pretty,  not is usual work for Q, and accessible (but not on Q), then look at the collections designes have created for Target.  Act quickly when released; items sell out quickly and then appear on other sites.

Valued Contributor

Of all the clothing lines on the Q, I've bought the most from D&C.  However, its only basics like some skorts, that fit n flare french terry zip up cardigan and a couple of lineny fringe shirts.  Overall, I believe ALL the clothing on the Q is now overpriced.  Ironically, my favorite things this summer I've purchased at Walmart.  I bought every color of their Milennium shorts, those things fit, wash, and wear like a dream.  I also discovered Time and Tru 100% cotton popover shirts in various iterations.  I bought them all and cut the long sleeves to elbow length and hemmed them.  I've washed them and worn them and truly am obsessed with them.  Each were about $11.00.  I found one pair of Milennium shorts for $1.00 and I LOVE them.  Gary is ok, I don't have a problem with him, I just wish he'd lose the "instant skinny" line.  This post is probably somewhat off topic, so if so, sorry.

Honored Contributor

Re: GARY WITH DENIM & CO.

[ Edited ]

@stellabystarlight wrote:

I love Gary Goben and Carolyn and yes, he designs.  He has a team who help him, but he studied design.  I think since Gary came on the scene 13 years ago, Denim & Co has really improved in their design, quality, and fashion foward trends.  I worked for many years in fashion so I know that the D & Co market is for a specific buyer - not necessarily a "fashionista."  These are classic garments meant to stand the test of time and pair with casual outfits.  This is not designer couture runway fashion. The quality is fabulous and I find myself buying more and more.  So hats off to Gary and his team!

Gary seems like a nice guy, and I have no problem with his presentations 

But I don't think "cold shoulder", "diaper hems",  peplum or flare tops are considered "classic garments"....... To me D&C has incorporated a lot of fads that have gone way past their time.,....In fact I think the QVC clothing lines all look alike these days---with the exception of Louis and Bob Mackie. 

When I shop at various Department Stores I see a WIDE variety of styles .....Now I used to buy a lot of clothes from QVC but feel their prices are not competitive, sizing is inconsistent, and fabrics have become chintzy --- (tops now stretch out, pill, and don't wear well.....)  Louis and Bob Mackie still put the quality in their clothes, but sometimes I want a more casual style and now shop locally.......QVC lines no longer fit the bill...I got tired of returning clothes..

Now I do still purchase products from other vendor categories and lines at QVC that meet my expectations and are reasonbly priced....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

When I want beautifully made and well-designed professional clothing, I buy LINEA by Lousi Dell-Olio. I am astonished by the quality of the fabrics, how well every garment fits, and how well they are made. And the prices are so low that it seems unfair. 

I love watching Gary and Carolyn together. He is kind and generous and they are fun. I laugh along with them! The items I've bought, winter vests, fleece pants, plus other Winter clothes, are always well made and fit well. The Beach pants are wonderful! So soft and easy to wear when the weather is hot. I have several maxi-dresses from a couple years ago that I have washed a million times and they still look brand new. 

I think Gary Goben works really hard for QVC and I hope they pay him well! 

Honored Contributor

@dylanfan wrote:

Ugly, ugly clothes.  I used to love Denim & Co. but all they show are overpriced, ugly tops these days.  I want Denim-jackets, vests, shirts & clothes that complement denim.  I believe they could deduct $10 from every item shown & it would be a fair price.  I like Carolyn, Gary is ok

@dylanfan. $10-15 per item is just about what the tariff amounts to.  Direct your displeasure elsewhere.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@dylanfan wrote:

@dylanfan. $10-15 per item is just about what the tariff amounts to.  Direct your displeasure elsewhere.

Oh I am sorry...tariffs are a new issue. D&C have been ugly and overpriced for a few years now

Valued Contributor

Awww, Gary is a sweetheart.  I enjoy watching his presentations.  He's always pleasant and prepared and explains the clothing and even gives little tips as well.  I've purchased quite a few pieces of D&Co. items over the years (mainly tops) and I pretty much know what will and won't work for me.  The only complaint I have (and this isn't just limited to D&Co. but other Q clothing lines as well) is there are not enough clotthes featured in the color brown.  I LOVE chocolate brown all year but especially in the Fall season.  That's it. Need more chocolate Gary!  Love ya!