Valued Contributor

Gary, QVC and especially Carolyn cals you a "designer".  In my opinion designer means you do different things - not the same old stuff - long tunic tops - or peplum tops or crew necks 3/4 sleeves, etc. etc. etc.  DESIGN something different from the same old boring junk where the only thing that changes is the material.   If you really do the designing (which I don't think you do) shows us.....otherwise you are just D&C's spokesperson.

Honored Contributor

Oh, this should go over well...

Honored Contributor

I think all the "designers" on the Q are pretty much like that.

Honored Contributor

I haven’t watched a D&Co show since he came on the scene. I do not think he is “cute.”

And the prices are ridiculous.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Re: GARY WITH DENIM & CO.

[ Edited ]
  • @Group 5 minus 1@grooms. Gary and his team are not designing innovative fashions for runway shows in Paris.  They know who their customer is and what she wants.  They produce clothing for a casual lifestyle that this customer will buy.  I'd say they are extremely successful.  If you have any brilliant ideas for new innovations, I'm sure Gary would love to hear about them on his Facebook page
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I don’t care what Gary calls himself, If he presents an outfit I like, I’ll buy it.

Super Contributor

All designers, with the exemption of Louis Del Olio.  He is the only true designer on QVC.  Issac was, hes more or less retired,IMO.  Stan Herman, same, retired. Louis is active and wonderful.  

Esteemed Contributor

Nope. Blame the buyers.

The Q has some true, extraordinary designers, including Louis Dell Olio, Bob Mackie, Dennis Basso and Isaac Mizrahi and/ or his design team. Not sure how much actual designing IM does for his line. The others: for sure.

What we see is what the buyers want, They seem to want the same old, same old from every label.

Respected Contributor

I love Gary Goben and Carolyn and yes, he designs.  He has a team who help him, but he studied design.  I think since Gary came on the scene 13 years ago, Denim & Co has really improved in their design, quality, and fashion foward trends.  I worked for many years in fashion so I know that the D & Co market is for a specific buyer - not necessarily a "fashionista."  These are classic garments meant to stand the test of time and pair with casual outfits.  This is not designer couture runway fashion. The quality is fabulous and I find myself buying more and more.  So hats off to Gary and his team!

Honored Contributor

I don't care what Gary does or doesn't do.  If anyone wants different of more fashionable pants and tops, there are thousands and hundreds of thousands available online and in stores so go get 'ya some ok?

I want some reasonably priced, well made, well fitting ELASTIC WAIST pants that I can be comfy in at home, around town and traveling. I DO NOT want to be fashionable ok?  I want to be COMFORTABLE and LOOK NICE! 

If you do not like them or want them, nobody is forcing you to look at them or buy them.  But please leave alone people who like and buy them.  Obviously there are a lot of us and we don't like to be bullied because we like elastic waist plain pants.  

Please let us have choice in clothing.