Respected Contributor

In tops, I have no problems but her jeans are really too tight in the belly . I ordered 2, size 12 which is my DG2 and Marla Wynn size and they are way too tight. Back they go and I rarely return . They came today, wrapped them back up and drove to the post office. What a shame, but I will not be ordering her jeans anymore. Jeans shouldn't hurt.

Anyone else notice this?

Respected Contributor

Re: G by Guiliana sizing

[ Edited ]

@Mustang Shar wrote:

In tops, I have no problems but her jeans are really too tight in the belly . I ordered 2, size 12 which is my DG2 and Marla Wynn size and they are way too tight. Back they go and I rarely return . They came today, wrapped them back up and drove to the post office. What a shame, but I will not be ordering her jeans anymore. Jeans shouldn't hurt.

Anyone else notice this?

Yes. I recently ordered her TS  hollywood waist jeans/jeggings. . I got them in my usual size 14 and just to be on the safe side, a 16. The 16 pair is a perfect fit. The others were waaay too tight. Mind you I've never worn a size 16 in my life but I like the jeans so much that I'll swallow my pride about the sizing 

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've never worn ANY jeans from the shopping channels, so I can't compare to that, but her skirts I had to size down.  The first skirt I sized down 1 size from what the sizing chart said I should order. It was okay and I can wear it, but it's a little loose in the waist.  So, the next skirt I ordered 2 sizes down and it ifts perfectly.  However, both skirts have other issues.  The tulip skirt has a loose edge that flaps between my legs when I walk, and the snake print skirt came with a belt that was WAAY too long and won't hold.  Luckily, I can use another belt, but I don't think I'll be ordering any more G stuff.  The daughter of the Master Tailor really should've caught that Tulip Skirt design flaw. 

From watching several Diane Gilman presentations, it seems she desgins for a particular figure that she has determined is the post-menopausal body.  That means more room in the waist, maybe that's the reason the sizing doesn't work when you change over to the G by Giuliana line.  The one Susan Graver top I bought I actually went and measured one fo my similar tops to hers across the shoulders to compare to the garment measurements before ordering.  I really second-guessed myself after doing so, but it worked great.

Honored Contributor

@Mustang Shar    I'd suggest checking the actual garment measurements just as you'd do on QVC. They're a little tricky to find but they're there right on the main page.  Seems like when I ordered her recent crop Jean TS, I checked measurements and elected to go up a size. They've (2 pairs) worked out very well.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I get stuck on buying the same few brands from both QVC and HSN.  I hate returning and like to buy what I consider to be the "tried and true", so for the most part, I know what size to order, I know what to expect.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Mustang Shar    I'd suggest checking the actual garment measurements just as you'd do on QVC. They're a little tricky to find but they're there right on the main page.  Seems like when I ordered her recent crop Jean TS, I checked measurements and elected to go up a size. They've (2 pairs) worked out very well.

Yeah, you're right. I just thought the sizes were pretty standardized . I will hunt them down AND I'll measure my DG2 jeans as comparison . I just never think of doing that so I'll take the blame on that.  Thank you Smiley Happy

I did put exchange and upsized so I'll see if I get them back in the proper fit. 

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Yes those are the ones I was referring to. Really nice fit and fabric. I would have to lose ten pounds to get into the smaller of the two sizes I ordered but I let the 30 day window lapse. Hate when I do that. Lol

Harmonize the World
Esteemed Contributor

@Mustang Shar I have never had good luck with G's line.  I feel her sizing is atrocious and it's the luck of the draw if you get a decent pair of her jeans to fit.  Her tops also were tough for me.  I finally just stopped purchasing her line.  I will admit I have 2 casual sleeveless jumpsuits of hers which (oddly) fit me perfectly.   But that's a pretty small percentage out of what I've tried.  You would think with her dad being a "master" tailor and all she could do better on her sizing.  I hope it works out for you but myself, I've moved on.

Honored Contributor

Call me crazy, but I believe designers run their size scales to fit their own body type.  When I see her on air, I avoid her line completely.  What is she, a 0, and here I am a 1X on a good day.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fairydogmother wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Yes those are the ones I was referring to. Really nice fit and fabric. I would have to lose ten pounds to get into the smaller of the two sizes I ordered but I let the 30 day window lapse. Hate when I do that. Lol

@fairydogmother I did that with some Dillard's clothing that, even on clearance, was expensive.  It was, however, no exchange.  I put in my shopping bag.  I went back later to purchase.  Did not notice the size as I thought I had put my size in.  When I got them, they would fit Barbie.  My daughter inherited them.  She was happy.