Trusted Contributor

G by Guiliana TS

[ Edited ]

Hi, I don't own any faux leather and on camera it looks like it has a shine and plastic appearance but realize that might be the studio lighting.  In person I am wondering what quality of faux leather I can expect?  I actually think the jacket is cute in some colors and am tempted, but just don't know if it will be rubbery of actual look and feel of leather?/  I am thinking it will be breathable due to the stretch and fabric parts?  I'd appreciate hearing form anyone that has seen her faux.  TIA

Honored Contributor

I do not like her collection this visit. Especially her jeans with appliques.... very tacky looking. The jacket is just too short. I do not think it looks nice on anyone.

Honored Contributor

I'm a fan of Guiliana but I don't care for this TS at all.  It looks gaudy to me.  She has another faux jacket with studds that I like better.

Respected Contributor

I have a few of her faux leather jackets.  I think it's a hit or miss with her stuff.  I don't like the look of the collar, but that's just me.  I like a standup collar or no collar.  I love embroidery but only if it's done tastefully, which again in my opinion, this would be a no.  I don't like the colors used.  I prefer subtle.  I didn't watch the presentation on TV but did view it online.  It did appear a little too fake to me -- plastic looking.  It looked nice on the video stylewise, if you like that style which I don't. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: G by Guiliana TS

[ Edited ]

I initially didn't like it either but after seeing the black and blush I changed my mind (except for concern about the fabric).  I personally do not care for the other colors because of of too much contrast in the embroidery.  I've never ever considered a faux leather jacket before so  maybe this isn't the one...I'll watch another presentation.  the length is actually  good for me so part of the appeal.

P.S. @makena  if her stuff is hit or miss I better trust my first impression of too much shine/plastic looking and pass. I own her   jeans which I do like but haven't tried anything else.  Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

The Jacket looks cheap to me.The embroidery looks gaudy on this silhouette.I'm passing on it.

This past spring I got a lovely faux & ponti moto jacket from Gili.It has zippers whereby you can wear it tailored or open the zippers & get a peplum look.I would recommend you check it out if it's still available.The item # is A286997

Respected Contributor

@equss wrote:

I initially didn't like it either but after seeing the black and blush I changed my mind (except for concern about the fabric).  I personally do not care for the other colors because of of too much contrast in the embroidery.  I've never ever considered a faux leather jacket before so  maybe this isn't the one...I'll watch another presentation.  the length is actually  good for me so part of the appeal.

P.S. @makena  if her stuff is hit or miss I better trust my first impression of too much shine/plastic looking and pass. I own her   jeans which I do like but haven't tried anything else.  Thanks!

I also own a couple of jeans.  That's it.  The jackets I have I barely wore.  I think if you don't feel the love initially, then you might want to pass.  Go with your first impression, yes.

Respected Contributor

I like some of her items, but regardless if it's in fashion or not, I just cannot wear anything with embroidery on it.  Hoping that fad passes quickly because I feel like it just messes up the look of clothing.

Honored Contributor

I've ordered a couple of G's faux leather pieces before and I just don't care for them.  I know people love her ultra luxe but I'm not one of them.  I think it's cheap and looks cheap.  

Embroidery is supposed to be huge again.  In looking through new inventory on HSN, I noticed Colleen also has an embroidered faux leather coat in her collection.

As an aside, I'm also tired of this style of jacket.  I know moto jackets are in but every jacket we are seeing on all the shopping channels are moto jackets.  I'd like to see something different.         

Honored Contributor

@equss I almost NEVER buy clothes from HSN.  Just don't care for them, but every now and then I'll click over there.

Anyway, I saw her on.  I think she's sweet and there's a place for her there.  She seems to sell more for what I think is the younger set (I'm 70).  I believe everyone should have a choice that's what I like.

I saw these jackets.  I didn't pay much attention after I saw the price and realized they weren't real leather.  I love real leather, only real leather.  I have lots of real leather jackets.  Once or twice I accidentally ordered the fake one's and had to give them away to friends.  

I just feel like the fake one's don't breathe and I get hot as heck in them.  Just can't wear them.  Some of them look very real, so it's not that.

I think she has some cute clothes but most of the models on HSN are a lot smaller (I wear an XL or 1X).  If I buy something I'd like to see what MY chub would like like in it.

This is all just my opinion.  I do agree with the OP in that what I did see didn't look as good as some of the fake leather I've seen.