Honored Contributor

Re: G by Giuliana - Dec 7 TS

Way too short and I am even 5' 2".  I

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

I've never had good luck with G's line.  For some reason her jeans are a complete disaster on me and I am fairly average size/shape.  The model even looks heavy in the photo.

I feel she designs for people like her.......extremely thin.  JMO.

That's what I thought looking at the model ... if she doesn't look good, what chance do I have? I really need a straight leg cut for a full length jean. It can have a slim leg, but I don't want anything tight around my knees.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Pecky  and G fans - check your recent purchases and wishlists - lots of event pricing markdowns - I rec'd 60+ alerts! 

I don't recall the intro price for this sherpa moto jacket. It's now $67

G by Giuliana Black Label Sherpa Moto Jacket
- 766-233

@Chi-town girl  Just the style I'm looking for -- hit just below the waist, real collar, and not too thick.  I'll take a closer look.

But those TS jeans are a definite No for me.  The so-called vintage slim leg doesn't look like a brand new shape invention to me. It looks on the models like a shorter length skinny jean with a tad larger ankle opening.  Not attractive on me. Anything that opens larger at my ankle needs to be longer, unless I plan on only wearing them cuffed up. 

@Caaareful Shopper @Pecky - I ordered G's Sherpa jacket in the Gray Violet. Wanted the Cream but it's sold out

Since day 1 when G offered jeans, I have been a fan - love the fabrics, styles and fit. Have had to exchange some for sizing as the sizing can be different based on the fabric and style. I'm not ordering the new jeans today bc I am not in need! 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl  thank you for the information on her jeans, that will help me in the future.  I have not purchased her jeans yet. 

Congrats on the jacket!  I love it but decided I just don't need another sherpa jacket (I have two jackets and one long sherpa coat).  I need to chill (no pun intended) for a while.

Honored Contributor

@Pecky @Caaareful Shopper - I see that Jason Wu has a new Teddy coat $88, 2 colors

A463096
J Jason Wu Knit Teddy Coat

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl    So would you find these buttonless jacket practical for wear in your Windy City?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Chi-town girl    So would you find these buttonless jacket practical for wear in your Windy City?

@Kachina624 - I happen to LOVE fashion and especially so with the "3rd piece" capes, wraps, cardis, jackets, coats etc.

I dress for my mood,  the occasion and purpose. I have "practical' outerwear that definitely is used but I also wear a lot of open front/no closure toppers

Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl That is exactly how I dress for my mood and the occassion.  I love the Jason Wu teddy coat very much.  

Honored Contributor

I ran across an encore presentation in the middle of the night last night.

I like the plain black in the option that isn't tight-tight.  

Seems as though the waistband is slightly higher than most, imo.  Which is what I like.

I like G's fashions/styles.  Much success!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

On a happier note, it made me think to check the clearance section and discovered a skirt I had been stalking on sale.  I wouldn't necessarily call it clearance priced, but I was able to use a 10% off coupon for it and that helped, plus the TopCashBack rebate.  Jury's still out until I see if it fits.  I went down a size from the previous G skirt I bought which is a tad roomy, and even that size was at least a size down from what the measurements would indicate.  They both used the same measurement chart.