Esteemed Contributor

I have a couple of their handbags that I bought on clearance last year that are nice.

I haven't seen anything that I really like lately though...

Honored Contributor

Re: G.I.L.I taste level

[ Edited ]

@CHIP62

Exactly! I think in her quest to be novel she goes overboard with the embellishments

Incidentally your English is fine! I was just unsure of whether we were in agreement or not LOL

Respected Contributor

@CHIP62 wrote:

@Andreatoo,

Sorry Andrea English is not my native language. What I was trying to say is that if this brand claims to be la crème de la crème of QVC they should not make such faux pas. The quality/ beauty of fashion very often depends on small details. In your case it was not the bag( big part) but the strap( detail). If GILI ignores that it does not deserve to be number one in the ranking at QVC🌻

I'm not sure it was a "mistake" -- I saw a new GILI crossbody that had a contrasting strap, not a strap that was supposed to match but didn't due to some lack of attention to detail. I'm wondering if that is the one being discussed here? To me, it is (of course!) perfectly fine to say that one doesn't like an item because they chose to use a contrasting strap rather than a matching one. But I would not impugn the quality of the item because of a perceived lack of attention to detail in a case such as this.

Honored Contributor

@jonbon

I know I am and I'm pretty sure she is also speaking strictly to the appearance of the product

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@jonbon

I know I am and I'm pretty sure she is also speaking strictly to the appearance of the product

I know you were, but I'm not so sure about her! I would differentiate between "design choices" and "faux pas."

Super Contributor

I agree.  I used to love GILI things.  Purses were incredible, but not anymore.  I dont even watch those shows anymore.