Respected Contributor
@PINKdogWOOD... I completely agree w/ u...I found it interesting how tight Jill and Shawn appear to be. I guess that makes sense why they push the Line the way they do and neither wear it when hanging in the Hsmpyons..
Honored Contributor

Different strokes for different strokes. I do agree the original premise of the line was pretentious

'these are dupes of the expensive stuff I own that you can't afford!'

But since Jill's taken over they've gone away from that for the most part.

Now and then there is a nice piece but the rest of the time I find it to be overdone.

Just last night they showed a nice cross body that converts to a clutch. Simple, classic but the strap didn't match! Completely ruined it for me...

Honored Contributor

I remember seeing a few things I liked back when the line first started with LR, but I never purchased anything. I always thought it was rather expensive for an in house Q brand. I understand that it is supposed to be a higher end brand and thus, cost more, but I have never ordered anything. 

Super Contributor

Re: G.I.L.I taste level

[ Edited ]

I have a few pieces of GILI from back in the Lisa days.....two of the much maligned Obi belts (fabulous leather) and I bought two of a particular dress she brought; a sheath style with military buttons on the front and one in the back. I have it in both black and ivory. I also bought a couple of her blouses. I still wear all of them to this day....the dress being a staple in my wardrobe. The quality for the price was excellent.

As far as the idea that is was somehow an insult; a matter of "here are these knock-off versions of stuff you can't afford".....phoofy on that! What's the harm in replicating a piece of clothing at an more affordable price? It's done all the time! In fact, most of the clothes in B&M stores started as high end concepts. I don't get the issue with that.

But I do have to say, I don't care much for GILI Jill. I don't like her style or the direction she has taken the line. It lost it's uniqueness. It's all pretty ubiquitous stuff you can find in any Macy's or major department store now, IMO. So no more GILI purchases from me.

~~~ So many handbags....so few hands ~~~

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate.

Valued Contributor

Guess the people have spoken!  Maybe they will take a cue and return to classics.  

Trusted Contributor

@Andreatoo,

I also have a few items from last year, two lace tops very well made. Did not buy anything since then...a strap that does not match a cross body bag might indicate that GILI has to pay more attention to detail if it wants to be #1🌻

Honored Contributor

@CHIP62

I'm not sure what you mean but to my eye and for my taste it just ruined it for me! And it was a beautiful bag!

Respected Contributor

The handbag hardware looks very cheap to me - very brassy gold - the kind on the cheap bags.  Therefore, I have never nor will I ever purchase a GILI handbag!

Trusted Contributor

@Andreatoo,

Sorry Andrea English is not my native language. What I was trying to say is that if this brand claims to be la crème de la crème of QVC they should not make such faux pas. The quality/ beauty of fashion very often depends on small details. In your case it was not the bag( big part) but the strap( detail). If GILI ignores that it does not deserve to be number one in the ranking at QVC🌻