Valued Contributor

I am begining to find this line  on the juvenille side and even slightly tacky. It is far from all this fashion expert claims. A far cry from high fashion. Yes, some fun pieces here and there but you would have a hard time building a true wardrobe with this line.

Respected Contributor

I am watching the presentation of the faux leather jacket and it looks like plastic, awful. 

Respected Contributor

Understood.  I've felt that way from the beginning.  But that's just me.  No disrespect - If you love the line and are making purchases, then enjoy !

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Jill Martin is getting paid very well to push this line of clothing. I see pictures of Jill in the Hamptons . Funny, everything she states are must haves - I don't see any of the clothes on her..🤔 Shawn appeared to be a guest of hers in the Hamptons this week. Funny, I didn't recognize these must have Gili Pieces on Shawn either..
Trusted Contributor

I thought the G.I.L.I line was pretentious from the very beginning, and way too expensive for what it is. 

Esteemed Contributor

Not sure if it was late last night or very early this morning woke up and saw her presenting a white combination huge purse/backpack with about a foot of fringe dangling from the flap. Thought I must be dreaming all that fringe, who does that to a purse? You'd have to push it aside like drapes to find the opening. 

Trusted Contributor

I used to like some things in this line. Not now,  the stuff is awful ! 

Trusted Contributor

Anything trending, this line picks it up to the extreme.  Like when Jill Martin walked out in a floor length all plaid dress or what ever it was.  I mean you couldn't help think robe.  It should have came with coordinating slippers.  I hope the $500 one this was knocked off from looked better, but of course it was siad the Gili one did.

I hate to put anything down becuase I know some purchased it, so I hope they rock it in good health.  It's just this line comes off so pretentious, or maybe it's just Jill.

Honored Contributor

@KKlim  As well I feel, Jill Martin hales from NYC, a far cry in the fashion-wearing world than many of us live in.  Many of the fashions (1) I wouldn't wear even if I wanted to pay the prices they charge, (2) I wouldn't wear them where I live, some maybe to a club on the weekend, but that's about it.

And I don't do clubbing.

Honored Contributor

Fashion experts outside of Qvc have commented on GILI?  Really?  It's a shopping channel brand and I assume a very successful one.  It doesn't appeal to me but I'm ok with that.  A lot of things don't appeal to me.  It tries to be a little trendy and that's the appeal of the brand.  It's a cliche, I know but don't like, don't buy it.