Honored Contributor

Re: G.I.L.I. ""Madison"" satchel is up for order.

On 9/12/2014 tough_kitty said: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Prada-Argilla-Ostrich-Double-Zip-Large-Tote-Bag-BN1786-/291202948085?_trksid... in olive
Holy moly--$4200! Prada is a great brand.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Valued Contributor

On 9/12/2014 Chi-town girl said:
On 9/12/2014 tough_kitty said: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Prada-Argilla-Ostrich-Double-Zip-Large-Tote-Bag-BN1786-/291202948085?_trksid... in olive
Holy moly--$4200! Prada is a great brand.
and this one is pre-owned!!! Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

On 9/12/2014 Chi-town girl said:
On 9/12/2014 stevieb said:

Not loving the hardware, but overall it's a VERY smart bag. After seeing it, I'm second guessing the green. Although the green is beautiful and sold out, and the wine didn't sell out (yet), I'm really liking the port wine. It might just work instead of black. One thing for sure, I am SO not getting both of them!

I actually like the wine color more after seeing it on the show. Very nice tone. I would be happy with any of the colors ;-)

Me too and I considered canceling the olive and ordering the wine, but decided to get the green home and see it first. Thing is, I hate returning, but the more I think about it, the more I think I probably should've gone with the wine... And then there's waiting for it to go on EP again... I'm really going to have to fall in love to end up keeping this bag because as pretty as it is, there are probably bags I want more... We'll see.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 9/12/2014 tough_kitty said:
On 9/12/2014 stevieb said:

Not loving the hardware, but overall it's a VERY smart bag. After seeing it, I'm second guessing the green. Although the green is beautiful and sold out, and the wine didn't sell out (yet), I'm really liking the port wine. It might just work instead of black. One thing for sure, I am SO not getting both of them!

Lol. Too funny because I loved the olive after I saw it! But I'm sticking with the blue bag. I like olive in my clothes but I don't think I love the color enough to have a bag in that color. I just keep thinking how brick-heavy this bag will be to carry in the crook of your arm all loaded.... Lol

True on the weight and that's a shame. The bag weighs a ton empty. Imagine by the time it's loaded up... I also don't really like the metal used to connect the strap to the bag. I guess I'm committed to getting the green one home and seeing, but have a sneaking suspicion that if I end up keeping this bag it's going to be after I return the green one in favor of the port. The port was the first one to catch my eye but it seemed to have sort of a rose cast in the picture. Upon seeing it 'live' that didn't appear to be the case. Regardless, my head got turned by the olive, which is a favorite of mine... As always, I should probably have gone with my first impression...

The blue was a beautiful shade, almost a cornflower blue, and blue, overall, seems to be the favorite color for most folks. I like blue, but have a number of blue bags and as pretty as they are, find I don't often use them. Then too, I have a couple of green bags, also quite rarely used. I guess I just tend to prefer neutrals in bags and the wine seems like it might be a good substitute for black, which I really wish they'd offered!

I'd actually go ahead and cancel the olive now and order the wine, but predictably and stupidly, they've already taken the EP away... Vintage Q and their EP games...

Valued Contributor

Stevie, the olive is pretty! Even I liked it and olive is the only shade of green I actually like. I hope you love it in person. Did you see the links I posted? Looks like it's the same olive (and blue) as in Prada bags!
Honored Contributor

Yes, I saw the Prada bags. I'd prefer the Prada... Wink

The more I looked the less I liked the metal pieces that connect the handles to the body and I really dislike that they felt compelled to put a "G" on them.

I just tried to cancel mine and got a message that essentially was maybe we can and maybe we can't... So who knows if it's coming or not. I tried again and got a message that because items ship so quickly... (seriously) the order couldn't be cancelled.

It's a pretty enough bag, but I think I just got caught up in wanting another new bag. If it arrives, I'll be happy to take a look at it before deciding but I'm pretty certain I won't be keeping this one. If it comes up again on EP, I might go for the wine, but that'll depend on if the green arrives, whether I love it enough to keep it or, should I return it, whether I love the bag enough to want it in a different color.

Honored Contributor

The other things is I have three Gili ostrich totes and two Dooney ostrich satchels, regardless of color, I'm more or less done with the whole ostrich thing... and really, I should've known that...

Valued Contributor

In all honesty, Stevie, is there a style/color of the bag you do not have yet? Smiley Happy I bet it's more difficult to shop for more when you have so many, but wait, you don't have the DB TSV leather for sure! Lol. I have zero blue and zero ostrich bags...but we'll see what's the quality of this one is... after buying a few $300-$400 bags, in my mind $260 for a bag is cheap. Lol. And I agree, the G initial is unnecessary. I'm coming up with ideas for what it stands for.... gorgeous? Genius? Lol. Too bad my name doesn't start with a G....
Honored Contributor

On 9/13/2014 tough_kitty said: In all honesty, Stevie, is there a style/color of the bag you do not have yet? Smiley Happy I bet it's more difficult to shop for more when you have so many, but wait, you don't have the DB TSV leather for sure! Lol. I have zero blue and zero ostrich bags...but we'll see what's the quality of this one is... after buying a few $300-$400 bags, in my mind $260 for a bag is cheap. Lol. And I agree, the G initial is unnecessary. I'm coming up with ideas for what it stands for.... gorgeous? Genius? Lol. Too bad my name doesn't start with a G....

It's not that hard to keep shopping for more!

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

That's the problem and how one ends up with so many bags in the first place!

And no, I don't have the 'Dooney-lite' TSV, and you know, I plan on keeping it that way. That one isn't for me.

Wink