Respected Contributor

G.I.L.I. handbag + fashion fans

It's been a while since I consumed a GILI item, but a flurry of closet de-cluttering pulled out some favorites. Then I noticed some were now on sale! Replenished. (I hate when items that fit well and I adore go away forever on clearance.) Try to avoid, perhaps, future shopper's remorse.

I have the GILI Verona handbag in camo. Love it. Also have the GILI canvas tote in green camo, so grabbed the clearace in camo blue:

Screen Shot 2017-05-20 at 3.33.21 PM.png

Anyone have this one? I'm a denim gal, so it adds whimsy, plus I love the construction of the green camo.

Then I realized how great a fit the camo pants are. Have them in camo green, but just bought the camo black:

Screen Shot 2017-05-20 at 3.34.25 PM.png

Finallly, pulled out my green camo vest and ventured into the bright colors of this one (before it goes away); think it might look great with my turquoise jewelry. Don't might sending it back if it's too much, but how fun!

Screen Shot 2017-05-20 at 3.33.49 PM.png

@culebra @Kachina624 @cosmic1 @jackiejenny @ECBG @BritishGirl: Love to hear your more recent GILI adventures!

Honored Contributor

Re: G.I.L.I. handbag + fashion fans

I was surprised to find just how much I love a couple of the GILI items.... the first was the Camo Jacket (the original one)... great fabric, great fit and made very well.  The second is the smaller leather handbag (forget the name) that was called (Something 3) in the Camo.  Quality leather, great Camo print and just the right size (I really don't do overly large bags and when they pared down to this size I bought it).  Haven't bought anything else GILI but am happy with the two items I bought even though they were a little expensive....  I love the GILI camo print btw.... Woman Wink 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

@Q4u, I remember when you wrote about your camo GILI ROMA 3. Smiley Happy  I have the Roma 3 in the black and the metallic. I recently bought the white one and I plan to wear it this summer. That's the only handbag I wear: The black in the winter, metallic in the warmer months, and now I'll throw in the white one. Perfect size for me. I had the GILI Roma 2 in ivory ostrich and black, but I had to give them away because they were too large/heavy.

Another GILI purchase that I wear a lot more often than I thought I would is the Estelle short heel. I have in all three colors. Unreal comfortable (I sized up a half size).

I recently gave away my GILI small metallic pouch with tassel because a friend asked to borrow it many times. I realized I never wore it, and she did, so I gave it to her. She's over the moon with it.

Respected Contributor

@1Professor, @Chi-town girl and any others interested:

I recently bought the GILI windbreaker (short in black) on clearance and LOVE it!  It's very cute, love the shorter sleeve and can cinch it in.  My son, who says nothing about fashion, even commented how nice the jacket looked when I tried it on.  I did go with a size 6 instead of an 8 that I usually buy for the leather jackets.  I may splurge a get the red or blue, but haven't decided yet.  Does anyone have this jacket?  If so, which color did you buy and how to do wear it?

@1Professor  -  I was also thinking about getting either the blue camo or solid black tote on clearance.  I have the green camo tote and love it!  Do you like the blue camo as much?  I know it would go great with denim.

I also have both the olive and black camo pants and love them.  They look great with sweaters in fall/winter and equally as cute with a tee shirt for spring/summer. 

Respected Contributor

@IlliniGirl88: So glad to hear about the jacket, will scurry off to check it out!

I don't  have the blue camo canvas bag yet, just ordered it. The black is gorgeous, but I went with whimsy . . . 

Honored Contributor

@MsLomo  Thank You!!  I totally blanked out on the name, GILI Roma 3.... really love that bag and it's held up great (I do switch off).... and I forgot that I have the pouch as well (in the pinkish color)... very nicely made as well and use it often. 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

@IlliniGirl88: Your jacket tale had me un-earth another GILI jacket I adore:

Screen Shot 2017-05-20 at 5.47.57 PM.png

I have it in the pale pink. It's now reduced from $303 down to $159. Would love the pale blue:

Screen Shot 2017-05-20 at 5.48.07 PM.png

Beautifully made.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have the GILI camo pants in the black tone & love them, but it's been quite awhile since I've been tempted to shop the line. 

And I cringe when I see the usual $12 shipping fee for the handbags,  esp for clearance.  Come'on!!! I usually abandon my cart when it has such a high shipping fee.

I want to try the jeans, but Lysse,  Giuliana & Hot in Hollywood are offering better price points for equivalent items.

Well, slow sales = more for clearance Woman Wink

In the meantime, I'm shopping elsewhere. Finished up shopping for summer except for new espadrilles and sandals. Will look for some GILI buys later on clearance. 

a292954.jpg

18359223_10155351866437891_35422780634746889_o.jpg

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

18528008_10155380165202891_3083781001556013398_n.jpg

From Bermuda - she's there to cover the America's Cup event

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

I like the new back zip denim top, but yikes $70.

Recording the PMStyle show since we're watching NBA playoffs - Warriors putting the nail in the SA coffin Woman LOL

A292949
G.I.L.I. Sleeveless Denim Tank with Back Zip

a292949.jpg