Esteemed Contributor

@Chi-town girl, the military dress is cute, but the fit would have to be exact to pull it off.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

@Chi-town girl, the military dress is cute, but the fit would have to be exact to pull it off.

@MaggieMack - so true about the sizing & fit. It's esp tricky since it's 98% cotton. Really quite beautiful - the bodice design & button details. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

@IlliniGirl88, definitely NOT too Pocohantas! Tres chic!

@IlliniGirl88 I agree with @MaggieMack. Very chic! 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I'm not a fan of all the extra fringe.  I think fringe is short lived.

How do you define short lived? Fringe had been really popular for the past 2 years & from what I've read still going strong thru 2017. 

Honored Contributor

The only fringe I own is on a zipper pull or tassel on a purse or shoe. I lived through and wore fringed ponchos and other fringed things in the past so no more for me. Some fringe looks ok, but this skirt does read a little Pocahontas to me. 

Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@MaggieMack wrote:

@Chi-town girl @MaggieMack  When I first saw Jill post it on her FB page (worn the correct way), I thought it would be a great skirt for fall with a nice chunky ivory sweater or turtleneck sweater.   When worn the right way, the cut is really cute.  I wonder if she'll show it tonight w/ Amy?   I'll let you know if I order it.

The military dress is great, but It would be a fluke if I got the sizing right.  I couldn't trust that I'd get it correct without ordering multiple sizes, which I've no desire to do. 

Thanks everyone for your input, it's such a different skirt, I sometimes don't trust my own judgement.Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@MaggieMack wrote:

@Chi-town girl @MaggieMack  When I first saw Jill post it on her FB page (worn the correct way), I thought it would be a great skirt for fall with a nice chunky ivory sweater or turtleneck sweater.   When worn the right way, the cut is really cute.  I wonder if she'll show it tonight w/ Amy?   I'll let you know if I order it.

The military dress is great, but It would be a fluke if I got the sizing right.  I couldn't trust that I'd get it correct without ordering multiple sizes, which I've no desire to do. 

Thanks everyone for your input, it's such a different skirt, I sometimes don't trust my own judgement.Woman Wink

@IlliniGirl88 - I think it would be a great fall piece & I would style it similarly. Is Jill scheduled for a show tonite? I missed that info. Will look for the video. I still can't get over that website photo faux pas. That's one of the worst ones  yet, lol

Trusted Contributor

Re: G.I.L.I. fringed skirt

[ Edited ]

CHIC - NO. Pocahantas - YES.

Super Contributor

I'm sure it will be more than I want to pay. I like it in blue but think it would get caught on chairs when I sat down. Or end up in the toilet.