Regular Contributor

G I L I You've done it...Again!

I am a very proud size 28 woman who wears a 3X 4X and am soooo disappointed in the GILI line over the last 10 months or so!

The prices have nearly doubled! The clothes only go up to a size 24, in dresses and TSV and very few 3X! 2 X maybe if your lucky!

What is the matter with those designers!! Don't they think we want to be fashionanble too?

One designer told me once that most clothes are not flattering at all over size 18! WHAT!!!!!!! Who is she to say that I am not flattering! I don't need  any designer and buying staff deciding what I look like in the leather drape jacket!

Some even say , "well if she is that big then she can't afford it". Really? Why? did you draw the conclusion that I am to big to work?  That I sit on the couch and watch soap operas all day and eat butterfingers?

NO, I have a great job, own 5 companies and run them all like a top! Make good money and can afford them, but I don't owe GILI an explanation.

I do want to see there prices come down to an affordable price that they are REALLY worth, and sizes to fit all Q customes with no discrimination!  I love Denim and Co but don't want to wear it 24/7! Q

Esteemed Contributor

Re: G I L I You've done it...Again!

Weill if QVC does not appreciate your business, I am sure there are plenty of other designers or stores who would.  I know QVC is very convenient and this is disappointing for you.  But I am sure you can find another source of stylish clothes that fit you.  I am sure many ladies here will have great suggestions.  Congratulations on the success of your companies.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

I wear a size 10 1/5 shoe. Almost ALL shoe makers who carry half-sizes only go up to size 10. They skip 10 1/2 and then have a size 11.  The message is probably the same for me, they just don't sell enough to carry that size. Very few do. So I just hunt for a company that does. I guarantee QVC will not change the shoe people or GILI for the same reasons. 

Respected Contributor

deelor, congratulations on your success in business.  It is great to see a woman achieve so much success.

I do not care for most GILI fashions and I agree that they are overpriced.  I might try an item or two if their prices were more reasonable for the quality of their garments.

I did not care for the TSV jacket today.  I thought the front was okay but the very short back is not flattering to anyone who wears a size larger than 6 or 8.  And the vanity sizing is crazy.  I normally wear a 10 or 12 in most fashions.  I would have had to order a 14 to get a fit that was comfortable across my chest.  I guess that the hosts are a lot smaller than they appear on TV because I heard several say that they were wearing size 0 or 4.  The one wearing the 4 said that she could have worn the size 2.  That sure doesn't translate when I see her live on TV.  I was once a 4 and she looks bigger than me when I was at that size.

I like the concept behind GILI.  I just haven't seen a lot of items that appeal stylewise and the prices sure don't appeal.  I think they could present more affordable styles that would work for more sizes if they chose to.  They just seem to maintain a snobbish attitude that says larger women should not be included.

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Regular Contributor

Thank you jbinwc for the kind words. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I am not that tall but have very long legs and need a longer inseem.  QVC rarely offers talls and when they do, they are not tall enough.  I realize they will not cater to me so I buy my pants elsewhere.  Luckily there are plenty of places that offer talls so they get my money. 

One company can't be all things to all people.  I do not think it is personal, just business.