Honored Contributor

GILI Jill said there is a ponte panel on the sleeves.  I think that's why the sleeves look very fitted. 

I just don't like those floppy parts.  The back is too short, IMO. 

Respected Contributor

If I were selling this jacket I would be embarassed.  The look is "plastic like" the floppy collar, no closure, and overall, not very attractive. 

To fix it, put a closure on it, give the leather some structure and a little different styling..the colors are great though.

Just my opinion, I'm not sure what the Q is trying to accomplish with this line but I seriously would consider just revamping it.  When Lisa was selling it, great, it was supposedly "her line" "her designs" but now with her gone, it's like it doesn't belong to anyone and everyone and anyone is trying to push the line.  It just doesn't work.

Respected Contributor

Re: G.I.L.I. TSV-Aug 24th

[ Edited ]

I pre-ordered it Saturday in blush.

Sunday I watched the midnight TSV show (9 pm in California).

Monday I watched Rachel and Jayne wearing it and displaying it.

Monday I cancelled the order.

{Too many glitches, weird cotton lapels, wrinkling, and WIDE lapels that tended to flap. Sigh.}

Honored Contributor

Well, one thing we know for sure........They will sell out, whether we like them or not.   Everything seems to sell on TV.  p.s.: I've often wondered where the returns go after they have been worn for a couple of weeks?  Are there outlet stores out there?  Do they dry-clean them first? 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

Well, one thing we know for sure........They will sell out, whether we like them or not.   Everything seems to sell on TV.  p.s.: I've often wondered where the returns go after they have been worn for a couple of weeks?  Are there outlet stores out there?  Do they dry-clean them first? 

Some of the returns go to as-is, some go to outlets and there are some that go to people who sell on e-bay.  I have no idea how they determine what goes where.  I would also bet some of the returns go out to other customers. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think I will wait on this jacket. Still not sure about sizing, but probably could get away with my reg B&M size.

Instead I am getting this jacket...A252796  G.I.L.I.  Ponte knit jacket w/ leather sleeves avail sz 6-10 only  Orig price $149.50 LQ price Now $50.34  (THANKS TO QCUTS on Facebook!)

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@1Professor wrote:

I pre-ordered it Saturday in blush.

Sunday I watched the midnight TSV show (9 pm in California).

Monday I watched Rachel and Jayne wearing it and displaying it.

Monday I cancelled the order.

{Too many glitches, weird cotton lapels, wrinkling, and WIDE lapels that tended to flap. Sigh.}

@1Professor ... I know, I was excited too.  But I think I will wait for reviews.  Hoping, by then we will see some "as is" jackets pop into inventory. Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

BessedDressed:  I like your choice!  The sleeves aren't too tight, I like the front, etc.  More my style, too.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ROMARY wrote:

BessedDressed:  I like your choice!  The sleeves aren't too tight, I like the front, etc.  More my style, too.

@RoMary 1 ... I checked out the video and it is really much better then the picture. I like price better then the TSV too...lol! 

Honored Contributor

I bought the Isaac suede jacket. It arrived today and it is gorgeous.

The GILI jacket looks stiff, uncomfortable and CHEAP...cotton lapels, REALLY???