Valued Contributor

I agree. For two hundred dollars I expect a closure and all leather.  This special Iman had on 8/23 was a real deal, a quilted jacket (with a little ponte in the underside of the sleeve), sunglasses and leather quilted small bag for less than this.  If I did not have enough leather jackets I would have purchased that! I was SO tempted Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I will take a pass on this jacket. I have plenty of leather jackets and do not need anymore. I looked at it this morning and I do not like the style and I don't care too much for this particular line of clothing.

Super Contributor

This is the most unflattering jacket I have ever seen on QVC, or anywhere for that matter.........except for the black which you can't see anyway, it makes the front of the models and hosts look big and fat......its just PLAIN UGLY!!!! 

Honored Contributor

@dc2004 wrote:

I love the colors and want to love the jacket.  It looks cute on Nancy from the side.  But Jayne and Rachel look silly from the front - those lapels seem too big.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Too much wrinkled, puckered cotton on the wide lapels, even after being ironed/steamed.  Are the sleeves ponte knit?  I'll have to take a better look.  The back is 'way too short', for me, anyway.  Sleeves too tight, IMO.  Gee I'm negative today.  (Sorry Happy Face)  p.s.  I'm sure it will look nice on others, though.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

I can't believe Jayne bought this jacket. She said she bought the green, and then fell in love with the black. It flattered neither her nor Rachel. And, of course, Jill wore her Obi belt with hers. She's cute & petite, but the Obi didn't help the poorly made jacket.

Trusted Contributor

The style is very flattering and a comfortable jacket to wear. I am not sure if I am getting it though. I love the ivy green!  The ponte lapel does take something away from the design.

Honored Contributor

I must say that it looked the best on the Petite, blonde model Meredith.  It seemed to fit her best when she wore the Size 2.  Much better than the size zero.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

Re: G.I.L.I. TSV-Aug 24th

[ Edited ]

@occasionalrain wrote:

Not attractive. Looks like the Flying Nun's hat was the inspiration for it.

ITA! The lapels on the jacket were way too big. The back of the jacket was too short.

Honored Contributor

The sleeves, so far, seem too tight.  I'm guessing that one would have to wear a sleevless top underneath.  No (even lightweight) sweaters.  I'm in a cool area, and would need to wear a long sleeved (not chunky) sweater or long sleeved top underneath, especially during Fall.

Honored Contributor

Giuliana Rancic has done quite a few faux leather and other materials of jackets similar to this.  In fact, it seems to be a staple and a favorite of G's to do this style.

I would think if anyone really loves this but is bothered by there not being a closure, you could take this and have a closure put on.  I would have no idea how much something like that would cost. 

I don't think you can really compare this to Iman's jacket yesterday. They are totally different styles.  Iman's also had the ponte knit on the underside of the sleeves.

I saw a morning presentation with Jill, Rachel and Jayne and they all said they were wearing their normal size as were the models.  I think the fit on this would be more forgiving because you don't have to worry about closing this.  But of course you don't want the arms tight.