Honored Contributor

@TwoWhiteCatsandAChicken wrote:

Jane just said that she is wearing the GILI TSV (during In the Kitchen with David on 08/19/2015). Pretty olive jacket.

@TwoWhiteCatsandAChicken-thx so much for posting. I pulled up a couple of videos from the cooking show to get a closer look at the jacket

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

Jill posted a few more pic's. Unfortunately, it's difficult to see details in the black jacket.

She also posted there will be an early purchase link tomorrow/Friday via her facebook page & maybe Amy Stran too.

"GILI THURSDAY EXCLUSIVE: We have it; your must-have fall jacket! The silhouette flatters all figures and the style pairs well with everything in your closet, from denim to dresses! Tune in Monday at midnight...sneak peek below. Xo J"

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Favorite Son wrote:

Oh dear.  I went on over to the Facebook page and checked out the photos in closer detail.  I think it is hideous; just doesn't suit my style.  I don't like these big floppy collars splayed across the breast, and the incessant flood of no-close garments.  Give me an interfaced placket, some buttons and buttonholes, and a streamlined appearance.  I'm glad I have the fabric and leather jacket from last year with the waistcoat-style detail.

For those that like it though, I'm sure they will be showing a matching obi belt to complete the look.

@Favorite Son-as usual, your post made me laugh out loud! I'm not sure what to think about this jacket since the photos are horrible, but I do like the olive color. Thx to another poster that noticed Jane wearing this jacket yesterday on a cooking show, I pulled some videos to get a better look. I like it better after seeing it on Jane in the olive tone. The collar seems relaxed, Jane had it worn in a cascading manner-it looked good. Just not sure if it's a buy for me. Hope you are doing well! 

Well, I feel like an interloper in a new land these days.  None of this fashion suits me and it is all I see.  I don't like tunics, pull-on jeans, asymmetric hems, flared hems, waterfall collars, no-close anything, ankle boots with pencil skirts, giant prints on thin rubbery polyester, billowy maxis with empire waistlines, boxy and poncho-style sweaters - the list just goes on and on.  MOST TROUBLING to me, though, are the long Maude-style sleeveless vests that come to the knee or below.  Really?  It has come to THIS?  A long, mannish vest to partially camouflage the ice cream cone silhouette?  No thank you.

And now it appears that the "creative direction" in the GILI line consists of taking something previously done and bringing it back in a different color, size, or material.  The pieced leather and ponte jacket was a pretty good item.  I don't own it, because I don't like the collar and front closure style.  But the upcoming TSV looks like a bland copy of that item in a different type of leather, mixed with even more ponte.  The Facebook pictures of the TSV jacket and the way it is styled are not at all appealing to me.  I wouldn't care to look like any of that.  I guess I'm just done buying fashion.

Trusted Contributor

The Link is Posted on Jill Martins Facebook page. $199.00 on 5 easy pays.

Esteemed Contributor

I need another leather jacket like I need . . . 

But, that olive was talkin' to me, so I broke down and ordered it. If I'm not in LOVE with it on arrival, it will go back. I also really, really liked the deep brown and blue colors. What's a girl to do?...

image.jpg

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Trusted Contributor

The Olive and Brown are talking to me Too! I own and love the Camo pants and think the Green would look great with them. I do not need another jacket but I seem to buy them more than I do tops because they show and become the somethin, somethin you just need to pull everything together. Especially the weight of this jacket is perfect in the South.

Honored Contributor

Re: G.I.L.I. TSV-Aug 24th

[ Edited ]

I do not care for this.  It's too short for me, and it looks like it doesn't have a "true" closure.  I just don't like it from the picture.

Thanks, though, ladies for the pictures of it!  i always like to see what's upcoming!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

@MaggieMack Can't wait to hear your review.  I think it is a really cute jacket.  Love your olive choice!

Honored Contributor

I love the front of it.  It's sharp.  It has NO closure though so it's an easy pass for me.  It's also far too short for anyone tall.  I do think it's a nice style though.  For someone petite, it will look nice.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

I need another leather jacket like I need . . . 

But, that olive was talkin' to me, so I broke down and ordered it. If I'm not in LOVE with it on arrival, it will go back. I also really, really liked the deep brown and blue colors. What's a girl to do?...

image.jpg

@MaggieMack-I also like the olive. Still undecided about buying it. Agree with @winamac1 about the short cut for back panel. Will be more a fashion statement rather than a true outdoor type of jacket.

Would it be too warm/uncomfortable to wear as an indoor/fashion jacket? I need to see it presented, and I'm curious to see IMAN'S TS later today + her new fall fashions. 

Happy Fall shopping ladies!!!