Super Contributor

Re: G.I.L.I. Sizing! What is Lisa and the buyers doing???

Just my opinion but I don't think Lisa & GILI line cater towards larger women. Hence the reason there is no plus size models on her show. Yes, she has Jackie on the LRS modeling the size Large on occasion but I think that was only because people were complaining about it on her FB page. So that was her answer. Here ya go… there's Jackie. But I don't find Jackie that large anyway.

While it may not be fair, it is what it is. Not all lines cater to the plus sizes. Just the same as not all lines go down really small either. In Q lines, I tend to take XXS. Not all lines carry this size and on QVC even when they do, most times the pieces are still too big on me. I'm thankful GILI is truly a size XXS and not an oversized XXS.

Honored Contributor

I don't think a lot of the GILI items would be good styles for plus sizes just like I don't think a lot of GILI would be good for an ol' lady like me. I maybe shouldn't say this as I don't watch all the shows. The point is not all styles are good "fits" for everyone and as noted on this board we all have different likes and dislikes. You should write to Lisa about your requests though. (I could never wear any of the GILI shoes because of their high heels, etc., but I will just buy elsewhere. Doesn't bother me a bit.)

Honored Contributor

Businesses are set up to make money, not fairness.

Honored Contributor

QVC has always been a retailer that has offered clothing in a full spectrum of sizes. I don't think it's up to anyone at QVC to decide if something will look good on someone or not. If we are going to get into that, there are a lot of things that don't look good on various body sizes and shapes.

Women have to decide for themselves whether they want to buy and wear what is being offered, not QVC. Marc Bouwer didn't design his high-end line for plus sizes but once he came to QVC, he was required to do so. Why should GILI be different?

Regular Contributor

On 2/21/2014 Luvmycats said:

Why would you want to purchase items from this line anyway? Most of the items have poor reviews and the clothing appears to be quite fitted. I don't watch the show, but from reviewing the pieces online, it seems that the pieces would only be flattering on someone size 10 or smaller. Women who are size 14 and up need to be careful about the pieces that they choose. It's much more of a challenge to look good in clothing...Just a fact!

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} These items are not original! They are copy cat designs from the clothing to the jewelery. Why would you even want to purchase items from a line that the reviews are not so good for the high prices! Woulnd't you rather pay the prices for originals & not copycats?

Valued Contributor

On 2/21/2014 LipstickDiva said:

QVC has always been a retailer that has offered clothing in a full spectrum of sizes. I don't think it's up to anyone at QVC to decide if something will look good on someone or not. If we are going to get into that, there are a lot of things that don't look good on various body sizes and shapes.

Women have to decide for themselves whether they want to buy and wear what is being offered, not QVC. Marc Bouwer didn't design his high-end line for plus sizes but once he came to QVC, he was required to do so. Why should GILI be different?

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Super Contributor

On 2/21/2014 Debbie1426 said: Many lines out there only go up to a size 12, at best. There are also lines and stores targeting the size 14 plus woman and excluding everyone smaller. I think there is plenty out there for women for all shapes and sizes. It is unrealistic to expect one line to be able to cater to everyone.
My favorite are the ones who consider a 12 an XL!
Super Contributor

On 2/21/2014 imaclotheshog said:

Lisa's GILI clothing line is very fitted, and she and the buyers may not feel that the more fitted styles translate well to larger women. The clothing I have seen her offer, is really streamlined and fitted, and I don't know that most women that are above a size 1x would feel comfortable in and the buyers know they probably won't sell in the upper end of the larger sizes. I think it's not about offending ladies not offering above a 22 or whatever, it's just about knowing what sells to that size group of women and not willing to take a chance of a lot of returns when the items don't fit due to the cut of the garment.

EXACTLY! No offense to anyone, as I am an XL, but I would not feel at all comfortable, and am smart enough to look in the mirror to realize what looks good on a size 6 or 8, is not going to look good on me! And to complain about that fact is down right ridiculous! JMO
Respected Contributor

On 2/21/2014 namealreadytaken said:

Exactly. I never understand why someone comments on what QVC does not carry. There are plenty of retailers to shop with. They show regular and petites al the time. I am a tall. I know where to shop.

Respected Contributor

On 2/21/2014 momcat said:
On 2/21/2014 namealreadytaken said:

Exactly. I never understand why someone comments on what QVC does not carry. There are plenty of retailers to shop with. They show regular and petites al the time. I am a tall. I know where to shop.

Sometimes Qvc's decisions are just incorrect and it is up to their customers to let them know that there is a market for not only fitted garments but for talls, regulars and petites as well.