Respected Contributor

Re: G.I.L.I. Mid Summer 2016

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@IlliniGirl88@MorningLover @SahmIam @1Professor  @morganjen @ROMARY  @Jen44 @Ilovelife123 @sunshine45  @Sunnycorle  @Dawnie  @Mustang Shar @jazzbabe @Funloving & all GILI fans

New item Heart Ponte Camo Blazer Heart  2 color options, navy & grey. $129, 4 ezpays.

Listed for PM Style

a279717.jpg

A279717
G.I.L.I Ponte Camo Printed Blazer

Don't let its allover camo print fool you, this ponte G.I.L.I. blazer is sure to get notices. The fitted style is fashioned with a button-front closure and shoulder pads. From G.I.L.I. got it love it(R).

• Fabrications: woven
  • Features: camo print, long sleeves, button-front closure, shoulder pads, front pocket detail, lined
  • Fit: fitted; cut to follow the lines of the body
  • Length: missy length 26-1/2" to 27-7/8"; plus length 28-3/4" to 30-3/4"
  • Content: shell 66% rayon/29% nylon/5% spandex; lining 96% polyester/4% spandex
  • Care: machine wash, line dry
  • Imported

@Chi-town girl @IlliniGirl88

I bit for the blazer, got it in grey combo. My fall wardrobe has been purged and is now all black/grey/cream/white, so it will fit in (I'm adding color with handbags and shoes).

Respected Contributor

@illinois8@SahmIam @1Professor  @morganjen @ROMARY 1  @Jen44 @nolimitshopping @Sunshine45  @LisaB  @Dawniee @Mustangshar @jazzbabe @Funloving & all GILI fans

It is all about GILI Camo tonight @qvc! The green camo bag is

almost sold-out (grab one if you want it- coming up in Inspired Style

w/ Amy Stran QVC -- then in PM Style w/ Shawn Killinger QVC

the camo blazer you have been waiting for !

BUSTING for you to see it !  Xo

Honored Contributor

@1Professor -  Please post a review of the blazer. I'm taking a pass on this item for now... Your Fall/Winter color pallette & strategy sounds sophisticated & chic.  Love the idea of adding vibrant colors with accessories.  

My current project is purging/organizing the armoire - all of the scarves, sweaters, cardi's, dusters. Will add a few new for the season knit wear items, accessories - handbag + boots, and maybe the GILI camo blouse. 

Looks like the sweater jacket from last week was a hit. Maybe that large collar reptile print jacket is a collaboration with Basso. They need to have several new items for that new show starting in Sept @IlliniGirl88. Maybe all new--yikes for our budget! I think it's a series of 1 hr shows for the season.

Excited to see NEW and not just one item/week drip. Hard to decide when we don't know about coordinating pieces or what else is in the collection.  1 hr shows of new will be a welcome change! How about some advance sneak peeks!!!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

@MorningLover wrote:

@IlliniGirl88@SahmIam @1Professor  @morganjen @ROMARY  @Jen44 @Ilovelife123 @sunshine45  @Sunnycorle  @Dawnie @Mustang Shar @jazzbabe @Funloving & all GILI fans

@It is all about GILI Camo tonight @qvc! The green camo bag is

almost sold-out (grab one if you want it- coming up in Inspired Style

w/ Amy Stran QVC -- then in PM Style w/ Shawn Killinger QVC

the camo blazer you have been waiting for !

BUSTING for you to see it !  Xo

@MorningLover

I not only bit for the camo jacket (waiting to see a full presentation in an hour) in grey, but ordered the blue and black bags. One will go back, but just couldn't decide! 

I wear a LOT of denim. Even slim fit denim jeans to class to teach, together with high-end couture jackets, pearls, and heels. So the blue denim would fit. We'll see!

Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@1Professor -  Please post a review of the blazer. I'm taking a pass on this item for now... Your Fall/Winter color pallette & strategy sounds sophisticated & chic.  Love the idea of adding vibrant colors with accessories.  

My current project is purging/organizing the armoire - all of the scarves, sweaters, cardi's, dusters. Will add a few new for the season knit wear items, accessories - handbag + boots, and maybe the GILI camo blouse. 

Looks like the sweater jacket from last week was a hit. Maybe that large collar reptile print jacket is a collaboration with Basso. They need to have several new items for that new show starting in Sept @IlliniGirl88. Maybe all new--yikes for our budget! I think it's a series of 1 hr shows for the season.

Excited to see NEW and not just one item/week drip. Hard to decide when we don't know about coordinating pieces or what else is in the collection.  1 hr shows of new will be a welcome change! How about some advance sneak peeks!!!

@Chi-town girl@1Professor. Dennis and Jill are going to be on every week?  Oh no! My budget is going to take a hit.  @1Professor Please let us know how you like the blazer. Was Jill wearing the grey one on Amy's show?  It looked really nice on her.  Your wardrobe does sound wonderful.  I have the worst time purging, for fear of...I wished I'd have kept ...., it would have looked so good with whatever.  Please give me your purging advice.  (You too, @Chi-town girl).  Can't wait to see the blazer presented tonight

Honored Contributor

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Chi-town girl@1Professor. Dennis and Jill are going to be on every week?  Oh no! My budget is going to take a hit.  @1Professor Please let us know how you like the blazer. Was Jill wearing the grey one on Amy's show?  It looked really nice on her.  Your wardrobe does sound wonderful.  I have the worst time purging, for fear of...I wished I'd have kept ...., it would have looked so good with whatever.  Please give me your purging advice.  (You too, @Chi-town girl).  Can't wait to see the blazer presented tonight

@IlliniGirl88 - not sure if it will be a weekly show but it will be a series of 1hr shows for at least Fall, maybe thru holidays. Let's see if we can find a schedule. 

One item in, at least one item out. I started to do this with clothes & shoes a couple years ago. Impulse buys are the worst unless it's something unique, but I still try to find something to donate or toss. Doing this helps me keep items in rotation so there are no 'surprises' tucked in the back of the closet & reduces need to do major closet clean outs. 

I've picked up lots of new knit garments this past year, especially with the popularity of dusters & cardi's from Halston, Rinna, Linea, Isaac, MarlaWynne, IMAN  that I keep folded in the armoire (hanging in closet stretches them). Reached a point recently where the armoire is jam packed, so time for a major clean out. Donating older sweaters that are still in good condition but are being replaced with new. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@1Professor - wow, the grey blazer is stunning! The fabric & print looks beautiful,  and they did a nice job showing closeups.  Plus the unique buttons. Heart I thought Amanda looked stunning in it with a black top and black leather skirt, but it will look great dressed down with jeans. Enjoy!!!!

Jill was wearing a sneak peek, skinny jeans. Also on facebook, a photo of a long plaid dress that will be a GILI item next year. 

14079591_10154281572717891_3052769066077323688_n.jpg

14192620_10154281572607891_298247434089210398_n.jpg

Respected Contributor

@IlliniGirl88 @Chi-town girl @MorningLover @jazzbabe & camo-lovers!

Today is "out-for-delivery" day!

My camo jacket and all 3 bags coming (had ordered the black and blue camo, but the next day the green camo popped up, so . . .).

Hoping to love them all, but can't keep all 3 bags!

14088575_10154280980692891_3108066893704091913_n.jpg

original-1.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@1Professor - yay! Excited for you. Hope you love them all & then you can decide what to keep rather than keeping from 'default'. The jacket is beautiful! Wish Jill would just give us a list of the Fall items so we know what's coming.

And lol on the 1 day posting of the snake panel tote that was abruptly removed & no mention from Jill. The marketing aspects of this line are abismal since Lisa left.

Did anyone see the new trench? @1Professor @IlliniGirl88 it posted last night. It's the one Jill is wearing in the photo with DB. 

Valued Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@IlliniGirl88 - one of my fav GILI items is from Lisa, a sleeveless leather+ponte peplum top with exposed zipper. So chic, comfy to wear and versatile. 

I have several Gili faux leather skirts, not the new ones. And a couple of the faux leather jackets. All are good quality. I was skeptical but there is a wide range of quality for the faux leathers & suedes. Some lines like Gili and Giuliana have good quality.

Hoping they are working on some Fall fashion Gili shows. But in the meantime, I am having no problems finding goodies elsewhere Woman Wink

@Chi-town girl  -  Thank you, that is good to know.  I noticed Jill is going to be on Shawn's show this afternoon.  CS said she'll have a crossbody and some jacket, but I don't think the jacket is new.  I did see in the Insider, GILI is having some shows:

Monday, 8/29 - 2am

Monday, 9/19 - 2am; 1 pm is a 1 hr show

Friday,     9/23 - 8pm with Dennis Basso

Mondya, 9/26 - 2 am

We just need to see the camo blouse and snake print sweater already.  I'm finding too many goodies elsewhere too.  Jill needs to snap to it so my money is still available for some fall GILI items.Woman LOL  Have a fun weekend!

@IlliniGirl88 - thx for the update! A bit disappointing to not see the Fall items yet. Seems like a light Sept schedule. Hope you also have a fun weekend, last of the lazy hazy summer days  Woman Wink

@Chi-town girl, @IlliniGirl88, @1Professor,  fyi there is a GIII show tonight at 11PM EST.