Valued Contributor

Re: G.I.L.I. Mid Summer 2016

@Mustang Shar wrote:

@jazzbabe

@jazzbabe wrote:

@Mustang Shar wrote:

@Chi-town girl

LOL, I ordered the navy, could not resist!

@Mustang Shar, I wanted that navy but I am on a semi shopping pause since I am planning on retiring very soon. 

You are! That's wonderful !! I was able to retire early,  last year. 

@Mustang Shar, lucky you!  I am retiring early to move half way across the country to be close to my 2 year old granddaughter and future grandchildren.  In the process of downsizing and thus trying very hard not to acquire new clothes.  It is a struggle but I am trying to focus on the ultimate goal.

Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@IlliniGirl88 @1Professor - I love the style of the new jacket...thinking about it. The wide rib sweater collar looks chic. It doesn't look very 'moto' to me - odd they would name it such, looks more like a sweater wrap style. 

I have a few GILI faux leather apparel items as well as real leather- good quality for both.  Don't let the 'faux' discourage you. The black cherry Heart I must have something in that tone,  maybe the faux leather skirt. 

Waiting for that new snake panel tote and the camo items. Wish Jill would give us the list of Fall items so we can plan/set priorities, and sneak peek photos! Create some excitement Jill!!!

@Chi-town girl  -  Do you like GILI's faux leather, does it feel and look good?  I don't think I've ordered any of GILI's faux leather, so I'm not familiar with it.  Did you get one of these?  I agree, Jill needs to generate some excitement about fall items.  I'm surprised that GILI has hardly released anything for fall.  It's just one thing here and there. 

Honored Contributor

@IlliniGirl88 - one of my fav GILI items is from Lisa, a sleeveless leather+ponte peplum top with exposed zipper. So chic, comfy to wear and versatile. 

I have several Gili faux leather skirts, not the new ones. And a couple of the faux leather jackets. All are good quality. I was skeptical but there is a wide range of quality for the faux leathers & suedes. Some lines like Gili and Giuliana have good quality.

Hoping they are working on some Fall fashion Gili shows. But in the meantime, I am having no problems finding goodies elsewhere Woman Wink

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@IlliniGirl88 - one of my fav GILI items is from Lisa, a sleeveless leather+ponte peplum top with exposed zipper. So chic, comfy to wear and versatile. 

I have several Gili faux leather skirts, not the new ones. And a couple of the faux leather jackets. All are good quality. I was skeptical but there is a wide range of quality for the faux leathers & suedes. Some lines like Gili and Giuliana have good quality.

Hoping they are working on some Fall fashion Gili shows. But in the meantime, I am having no problems finding goodies elsewhere Woman Wink

@Chi-town girl  -  Thank you, that is good to know.  I noticed Jill is going to be on Shawn's show this afternoon.  CS said she'll have a crossbody and some jacket, but I don't think the jacket is new.  I did see in the Insider, GILI is having some shows:

Monday, 8/29 - 2am

Monday, 9/19 - 2am; 1 pm is a 1 hr show

Friday,     9/23 - 8pm with Dennis Basso

Mondya, 9/26 - 2 am

We just need to see the camo blouse and snake print sweater already.  I'm finding too many goodies elsewhere too.  Jill needs to snap to it so my money is still available for some fall GILI items.Woman LOL  Have a fun weekend!

Honored Contributor

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Chi-town girl  -  Thank you, that is good to know.  I noticed Jill is going to be on Shawn's show this afternoon.  CS said she'll have a crossbody and some jacket, but I don't think the jacket is new.  I did see in the Insider, GILI is having some shows:

Monday, 8/29 - 2am

Monday, 9/19 - 2am; 1 pm is a 1 hr show

Friday,     9/23 - 8pm with Dennis Basso

Mondya, 9/26 - 2 am

We just need to see the camo blouse and snake print sweater already.  I'm finding too many goodies elsewhere too.  Jill needs to snap to it so my money is still available for some fall GILI items.Woman LOL  Have a fun weekend!

@IlliniGirl88 - thx for the update! A bit disappointing to not see the Fall items yet. Seems like a light Sept schedule. Hope you also have a fun weekend, last of the lazy hazy summer days  Woman Wink

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

14100454_10154272076967891_3431638558706986514_n.jpg

Honored Contributor

@illinois8@morning lover @SahmIam @1Professor  @morganjen @ROMARY 1  @Jen44 @nolimitshopping @Sunshine45  @LisaB  @Dawniee  @Mustang Shar @jazzbabe @Funloving & all GILI fans

New item Heart Ponte Camo Blazer Heart  2 color options, navy & grey. $129, 4 ezpays.

Listed for PM Style

a279717.jpg

A279717
G.I.L.I Ponte Camo Printed Blazer

Don't let its allover camo print fool you, this ponte G.I.L.I. blazer is sure to get notices. The fitted style is fashioned with a button-front closure and shoulder pads. From G.I.L.I. got it love it(R).

• Fabrications: woven
  • Features: camo print, long sleeves, button-front closure, shoulder pads, front pocket detail, lined
  • Fit: fitted; cut to follow the lines of the body
  • Length: missy length 26-1/2" to 27-7/8"; plus length 28-3/4" to 30-3/4"
  • Content: shell 66% rayon/29% nylon/5% spandex; lining 96% polyester/4% spandex
  • Care: machine wash, line dry
  • Imported

Honored Contributor

The Dennis & Jill Show coming in September to QVC.  But tonight-cstch Dennis Basso at 1am and a full hour of GILI at 2am 

14183923_10154278023257891_4585786124412909278_n.jpg

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Don't know if you've watched at all today (Mon. 8/29), but I did notice they were showing "commercials" in between shows of what I believe were interviews with some of the buyers or stylists. 

In the background, during one of the interviews, I spotted the GILI black, red, and white floral palazzo pants, that Jill wore a while back with a cropped denim jacket, when she presented a bag w/ Amy.  (I believe Jill said they'd be available in the Spring).  Also, there was a matching blouse hanging with the pants and a large swatch of the fabric.  They looked beautiful!  Just thought I'd give you a heads up in case they show the "interview" tonight, not that it really means anything, just thought you'd like to know the pants seem to be in the works along with a blouse.  Now, if we could just get the camo blouse!!!!

I'm passing on this camo blazer.  I still like the original camo jacket and I'm hoping the snake print cardi coat makes an appearance soon.  Did anyone get the new moto sweater/jacket that sold out last week?
Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

The Dennis & Jill Show coming in September to QVC.  But tonight-cstch Dennis Basso at 1am and a full hour of GILI at 2am 

14183923_10154278023257891_4585786124412909278_n.jpg

@Chi-town girl  -  I'm curious what they will off in this show.  Wonder if it will be a killer coat?