Contributor

Re: G.I.L.I. Items presented on the PMS are not selling...

GILI may be owned by QVC, but LR is the one who sold it. Sorry, but watching others try to do so is just painful to watch. It is what it is.
Valued Contributor

I always thought the GILI line was overpriced. That handbag that was on the other night was over $300, I mean really? really? Not for me. If you love it buy it but I won't be buying it with you. And I thought they were overpriced when Lisa was trying to sell them as well. But she definitely had a way with her followers, they just loved her and still do. I am sure this line will just dry up and go away now that she who will not be named is gone from the scene.

{#emotions_dlg.glare}

Contributor

Agreed! As much as I liked the G.I.L.I. line (and I must admit I have quite a collection), I'm no longer crazy about it especially at the ridiculous pricing they have lately.
Valued Contributor

I find some of the Gili items as nice but they are high priced to me. I saw a bag and it was 350.00 dollars and I was shocked. Meaning, I don't mind paying 350 and up for a reputable designer bag like a "Gucci" bag but not a no name QVC bag. I'm not saying Gucci bags are real leather but at least the designer has a history.

Respected Contributor

On 3/3/2015 gardensla said:

She who shall not be named (on QVC, at least) was the number one reason why that line sold so well. Without her, it's just stuff.

It was all just "stuff" anyway, no matter who the host was that was associated with it. QVC just dolled it all up like it's some "amazing" name brand designer items, instead of cheap, no name knockoffs that belonged to some host.

Super Contributor

Is Lisa carrying her GILI knockoffs or is she carrying her authentic italian leather handbags now that she is no longer at the Q?
Honored Contributor

I never bought anything from the Gili line, and likely won't. I think it will just go away, and that's fine with me.
Respected Contributor

GILI has always been overpriced for what it is - every item in the line - and this is coming from someone who purchased some of it. But the same thing can be said for every other apparel line sold here. Anyone who says that they can't find the apparel that QVC sells elsewhere for the same or less money simply has other reasons for buying here than price.

QVC fashion is consistently sold at a price premium because its customers are 1) unable to get to brick and mortar retail, whether due to distance or some impediment to travel; 2) just used to shopping here, considering themselves part of the QVC "family"; or 3) comfortable with the vanity sizing, however inconsistent it may have become lately.

GILI was something new for the fashions at QVC: the price premium commanded derived directly from the popularity of the host who spearheaded and sold it, and from the fact that those items are more updated than 99.9% of every other fashion line here.

Pat and Jayne hawked the fringed GILI hobo? Puhlease. That tells me how out of touch the merchandising department is. How can they expect two hosts, whose promo spot features them lolling about in middle aged splendor, on an oversized couch, underneath a giant faux fur blanket, to sell what is supposed to be the most fashion forward line on QVC?

I'm probably about the same age as Pat and/or Jayne, and they can't sell me a thing. I was a GILI customer, and I don't identify with Pat and Jayne's constant trifling about hot flashes, all the jibber jabber about bacon and where the next meal is coming from, or all the yammering about needing clothing to cover up this or that. So the decision to have them sell anything GILI just sets up a failure. The GILI customer is not a Pat and Jayne customer.

I also agree with those who suggested that SK just isn't the person to sell fashion as the "fashion face" of QVC. She doesn't love fashion that way LR did, her style is off putting to many, and she usually has on one piece of clothing that is absolutely jarring - as in that voluminous tiered black skirt that I saw in the video for the GILI pieced leather vest.

So between the overpricing of the GILI merchandise and the fact that there is no one with what it takes to sell it well, I expect it will disappear pretty quickly.

Super Contributor

On 3/4/2015 3star said: Is Lisa carrying her GILI knockoffs or is she carrying her authentic italian leather handbags now that she is no longer at the Q?
In many of the photos she's posted on FB since she left, she's wearing GILI items and carrying GILI bags.
Super Contributor

Favorite Son, very well said.