Esteemed Contributor

Re: G.I.L.I. Items presented on the PMS are not selling...

I did notice that they were not instant sell outs like they used too. I don't know if they are selling or not. I always thought they looked like cheaper versions of high end items but they did sell well and there used to be such huge buzz whenever a new items was to premier like even a week before it was to debut.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

On 3/3/2015 Krissie2 said:

"As has also been noted, I suspect the Q is missing her at many different levels, whether some viewers are or not. I certainly miss her presence on QVC and after having witnessed last night's escapades, realize I probably miss her more than I even realized!

Mondays on QVC are no longer going to part of my routine."

I agree! And judging by all of the changes, down to the models and stylists, they realize how big an impact Lisa had. If they had made a few less changes they may have held more of her audience (or at least you and me, Stevie - LOL), but after last night it's clear they either want a whole new audience, or they didn't understand what worked previously.

I think they're just clueless.

Clearly, there is finite audience out there and so if they go forth thinking they can just alienate existing audience members and keep replacing them, sooner or later it's going to catch up with their bottom line... I don't think they're going to be successful attracting a huge younger demographic, if that's their goal...

I get wanting a 'fresh start' but the way to make that happen is with fresh merchandise, not deep-sixing everything that was familiar... The new host was a given, the old one left... The new set is fine, if a bit OTT. Two as opposed to three hours might actually be a better way to go. The late start time is somewhat a deal breaker and bringing in all new models was just plain stupid...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

On 3/3/2015 stevieb said:

<em>"As has also been noted, I suspect the Q is missing her at many different levels, whether some viewers are or not. I certainly miss her presence on QVC and after having witnessed last night's escapades, realize I probably miss her more than I even realized!</em>

<em>Mondays on QVC are no longer going to part of my routine."</em>

<em><br /></em>

I agree! And judging by all of the changes, down to the models and stylists, they realize how big an impact Lisa had. If they had made a few less changes they may have held more of her audience (or at least you and me, Stevie - LOL), but after last night it's clear they either want a whole new audience, or they didn't understand what worked previously.

<em><br /></em>

Clearly, there is finite audience out there and so if they go forth thinking they can just alienate existing audience members and keep replacing them, sooner or later it's going to catch up with their bottom line... I don't think they're going to be successful attracting a huge younger demographic, if that's their goal...

I get wanting a 'fresh start' but the way to make that happen is with fresh merchandise, not deep-sixing everything that was familiar... The new host was a given, the old one left... The new set is fine, if a bit OTT. Two as opposed to three hours might actually be a better way to go. The late start time is somewhat a deal breaker and bringing in all new models was just plain stupid...

Agreed. And whatever time they spend on old tired merchandise, that's time that could otherwise be dedicated to something new and fresh. G.I.L.I. is old news. Whole business should've been put on clearance. Same goes for hosts that leave, and their collections that are on clearance for years. Why not drop the prices? Last clicks? Fresh start should mean new. New Logo was fine, but where's Lisa Rinna, other new designers that should be on PMS?

Honored Contributor

On 3/3/2015 sunshine45 said:
On 3/3/2015 gardensla said:

hmmmmmm.....and how do we know they are not selling?

Um, how about the fact that everything new is available in all sizes and colors?

that really means nothing these days......quite a number of things stay available in all sizes and colors. it doesnt necessarily mean that it didnt sell well or that there are a lot of them left. no way for us to really know unless we are connected to qvc in some way. even when LDO stuff is available in all sizes and colors after it has been presented he says an item "sold well."

Unless something has changed drastically, QVC has always brought in GILI products in limited number, especially initially. Many of those items sold out when first presented and a number of them sold out simply by appearing on Lisa Robertson's FB page prior to even being presented... When items remain available in every option, that would tend to say to most reasonable observers that those items are no longer "flying out the door"...

Honored Contributor

On 3/3/2015 kimsu1 said:

<em>"As has also been noted, I suspect the Q is missing her at many different levels, whether some viewers are or not. I certainly miss her presence on QVC and after having witnessed last night's escapades, realize I probably miss her more than I even realized!</em>

<em>Mondays on QVC are no longer going to part of my routine."</em>

<em><br /></em>

<em><br /></em>

Agreed. And whatever time they spend on old tired merchandise, that's time that could otherwise be dedicated to something new and fresh. G.I.L.I. is old news. Whole business should've been put on clearance. Same goes for hosts that leave, and their collections that are on clearance for years. Why not drop the prices? Last clicks? Fresh start should mean new. New Logo was fine, but where's Lisa Rinna, other new designers that should be on PMS?

That assumes anyone at QVC actually knows how to conduct a REAL sale... They don'...! They simply refuse...

If anything needs to change, as far as I'm concerned, it's whoever is calling the shots... Their 'business model' just seems very stale.

Honored Contributor

Um, how about the fact that everything new is available in all sizes and colors?

that really means nothing these days......quite a number of things stay available in all sizes and colors. it doesnt necessarily mean that it didnt sell well or that there are a lot of them left. no way for us to really know unless we are connected to qvc in some way. even when LDO stuff is available in all sizes and colors after it has been presented he says an item "sold well."

Unless something has changed drastically, QVC has always brought in GILI products in limited number, especially initially. Many of those items sold out when first presented and a number of them sold out simply by appearing on Lisa Robertson's FB page prior to even being presented... When items remain available in every option, that would tend to say to most reasonable observers that those items are no longer "flying out the door"...

well of course something has changed drastically.....there is no one around to promote them like before.....and not EVERYTHING always sold out......there were certain items only. it still doesnt mean that the items didnt sell well according to QVC standards.

i honestly think very few things overall "fly out the door" anymore for a number of reasons.....one being the new shipping changes and return policy......and another being the increased pricing.

i have to disagree. so i guess that makes me an "unreasonable observer."

i have only bought four GILI items and really like all of them. i didnt buy them because lisa was selling them. i bought them because they filled a need, looked good, and were well made and worth the money.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Frequent Contributor

I don't want to get into a back and forth on this; my point is that when Lisa was here, most GILI sold out instantly. Now, this is not the case. I didn't say the things weren't popular, just that they're not blowing out the doors.

Yes, if it wasn't sold out before it even aired. Lisa teased her GILI items for weeks by wearing them and having the models wear/carry them, plus showing them on her FB page. The chat sessions were endless "what is so and so wearing and when can I order it" posts. Lisa made the items look good, and you could tell she loved them. She was also a master at building the value, making a $300+ bag or pricey jacket seem like a value.

It's painful watching the other hosts sell GILI items, especially the bags. They don't present them well, and they don't describe them well. Jayne called the stirrup hardware a horseshoe, Amy left the zipper wings sticking straight out, and the presentation of the fringe hobo by Pat and Jayne was an embarrassment.

These items are too pricey to sell on their own, and no one is putting any energy into selling them, they just go through the motions. Whether you liked Lisa or not, she clearly had a passion for the items she loved, and often that equaled a sell out.

You said it exactly. Painful to watch other hosts half-heartedly trying to sell the items. It's as if they are very uncomfortable because they know they can't do it like she did. I love my GILI handbags, always will. I loved Lisa's style. Last night must have been like being a passenger on the Titanic. Feel sorry for them. The should have cancelled the show and left those two hosts where they were. Recovering from this won't be easy.

Honored Contributor

well of course something has changed drastically.....there is no one around to promote them like before.....and not EVERYTHING always sold out......there were certain items only. it still doesnt mean that the items didnt sell well according to QVC standards.

i honestly think very few things overall "fly out the door" anymore for a number of reasons.....one being the new shipping changes and return policy......and another being the increased pricing.

i have to disagree. so i guess that makes me an "unreasonable observer."

i have only bought four GILI items and really like all of them. i didnt buy them because lisa was selling them. i bought them because they filled a need, looked good, and were well made and worth the money.

I don't believe I ever said EVERY item sold out... but however you slice it... the number of sell outs then clearly outpaces the number of sell outs now...

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

On 3/3/2015 Angelfire said:

I don't want to get into a back and forth on this; my point is that when Lisa was here, most GILI sold out instantly. Now, this is not the case. I didn't say the things weren't popular, just that they're not blowing out the doors.

Yes, if it wasn't sold out before it even aired. Lisa teased her GILI items for weeks by wearing them and having the models wear/carry them, plus showing them on her FB page. The chat sessions were endless "what is so and so wearing and when can I order it" posts. Lisa made the items look good, and you could tell she loved them. She was also a master at building the value, making a $300+ bag or pricey jacket seem like a value.

It's painful watching the other hosts sell GILI items, especially the bags. They don't present them well, and they don't describe them well. Jayne called the stirrup hardware a horseshoe, Amy left the zipper wings sticking straight out, and the presentation of the fringe hobo by Pat and Jayne was an embarrassment.

These items are too pricey to sell on their own, and no one is putting any energy into selling them, they just go through the motions. Whether you liked Lisa or not, she clearly had a passion for the items she loved, and often that equaled a sell out.

You said it exactly. Painful to watch other hosts half-heartedly trying to sell the items. It's as if they are very uncomfortable because they know they can't do it like she did. I love my GILI handbags, always will. I loved Lisa's style. Last night must have been like being a passenger on the Titanic. Feel sorry for them. They should have cancelled the show and left those two hosts where they were. Recovering from this won't be easy.

I agree... and yep, painful. And because I like to minimize pain, I'll be watching PM Style very, very sparingly in the future... as for the early shows, I won't be watching them at all.

Frequent Contributor

On 3/3/2015 Angelfire said:

You said it exactly. Painful to watch other hosts half-heartedly trying to sell the items. It's as if they are very uncomfortable because they know they can't do it like she did. I love my GILI handbags, always will. I loved Lisa's style. Last night must have been like being a passenger on the Titanic. Feel sorry for them. They should have cancelled the show and left those two hosts where they were. Recovering from this won't be easy.

I agree... and yep, painful. And because I like to minimize pain, I'll be watching PM Style very, very sparingly in the future... as for the early shows, I won't be watching them at all.

Could not say it better myself and....... I'll be carrying my Ostrich tomorrow.