Honored Contributor

Re: G.I.L.I. Items presented on the PMS are not selling...

I think high-priced fashion lines such as GILI would sell better if they had someone classy, like Sandra, presenting them. Maybe that's an over-simplified way of looking at it, but just my opinion...
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

If people were buying those over priced GILI items just because Lisa was selling them it tells me a lot. A whole lot.
Super Contributor

On 3/3/2015 handygal said: I think high-priced fashion lines such as GILI would sell better if they had someone classy, like Sandra, presenting them. Maybe that's an over-simplified way of looking at it, but just my opinion...

Actually I agree with you, esp. about SB. I gave all the shows a shot last night. I enjoyed the models chiming in during the Amy show (forgot the name, sorry).

IMO SK lets the clothes wear her. LR really did wear it and own it, so to speak. SK has been on QVC for a long time and her style has never been on the same page as LR's. She has different tastes. The vest was not SK and it showed. Yes, LR sold items well; mainly by showing the viewer such interesting ways to wear an item even when she was selling something else. She was a master at developing interest. I was sold on the moto jackets while she was selling dooneys, weeks before the jacket was even available. She had a way of selling without making me feel like I was being sold. Kudos to her. If I was a host I would study that and learn from her. Don't copy but learn. JMHO

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/3/2015 sunshine45 said:

hmmmmmm.....and how do we know they are not selling?

Um, how about the fact that everything new is available in all sizes and colors?

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

On 3/3/2015 gardensla said:

Um, how about the fact that everything new is available in all sizes and colors?

Do you know how many items, in each size they had in stock???? They fact that an item hasn't hasn't sold out doesen't mean it's not popular.

Super Contributor

On 3/3/2015 chrystaltree said:

Do you know how many items, in each size they had in stock???? They fact that an item hasn't hasn't sold out doesen't mean it's not popular.

Good point. We have no idea how many they stock to start with or how fast they restock. For most part GILI is high priced and I've read tons of complaints about quality problems.......

Respected Contributor

On 3/3/2015 chrystaltree said:

I agree, people here try to read between the lines when actually they know nothing.

I thought that sleeveless top, the one which the shaping panel on the front, was attractive but was for a younger person than me.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't want to get into a back and forth on this; my point is that when Lisa was here, most GILI sold out instantly. Now, this is not the case. I didn't say the things weren't popular, just that they're not blowing out the doors.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

I saw the gray leather vest that SK was wearing. It is adorable. I own the jacket in black that it is derivative of. I love the jacket. It is a cool jacket. Many people own that jacket and probably feel the same way. I do not want a vest that looks like my cool jacket. Believe me when I wear it, everyone comments. Lisa did a great job selling Gili and her passion showed. I also love everything Gili that I have purchased. Lisa presented the Gili products with imagination and knew how to build interest. Let's face it - Lisa R was great at her job! She is gone on to other things. I wish her well.

Also on another front during Inspirational Style, a Gili top was presented. It was also was very cute and interesting. The top did not fit either of the models properly. Some thought should be given to that issue.

Super Contributor

I don't want to get into a back and forth on this; my point is that when Lisa was here, most GILI sold out instantly. Now, this is not the case. I didn't say the things weren't popular, just that they're not blowing out the doors.

Yes, if it wasn't sold out before it even aired. Lisa teased her GILI items for weeks by wearing them and having the models wear/carry them, plus showing them on her FB page. The chat sessions were endless "what is so and so wearing and when can I order it" posts. Lisa made the items look good, and you could tell she loved them. She was also a master at building the value, making a $300+ bag or pricey jacket seem like a value.

It's painful watching the other hosts sell GILI items, especially the bags. They don't present them well, and they don't describe them well. Jayne called the stirrup hardware a horseshoe, Amy left the zipper wings sticking straight out, and the presentation of the fringe hobo by Pat and Jayne was an embarrassment.

These items are too pricey to sell on their own, and no one is putting any energy into selling them, they just go through the motions. Whether you liked Lisa or not, she clearly had a passion for the items she loved, and often that equaled a sell out.