Honored Contributor

Re: G.I.L.I. - 2017 Blast Off! Roma 5 has arrived!!

@1Professor - I also like capes. One of my favs is one from Joan Rivers several years ago, houndstooth. I also have some sweater knit capes.

The GILI one is a blazer type cape, something ala Ralph Lauren

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

@Chi-town girl  @1Professor  -  The camo blouse is up!!!  I already ordered this morning, it's an advance order.  There are two other options, solid black and the red floral - beautiful!  Woman Very Happy

@IlliniGirl88 - yay!!! I saw the cape post last night and thought oh we have to wait another week. Nice surprise!

I love the floral print too. And the black is a sexy option  Heart

So, it looks like it is sized larger than typical GILI tops. Size 6=41' bust. But it has to be worn over a cardi or tank,  so a little extra bulk.

What are you guys doing for sizing???

a286994.jpg

A286994
G.I.L.I. Sheer Long Sleeve Blouse

@Chi-town girl@1Professor  -  I'm usually a size 8 on top for everything GILI.  I'm broad shouldered, but small boned and thin arms.  I can't stand to be constricted in my shirts or jackets.  I will probably wear this tucked in or tied at the waist over a black maxi dress for summer.  I don't see myself wearing this untucked.  I went with size 10.  I had bought this shirt style originally in the grey floral from last season.  I bought that one in the 8, which fit fine, but I wanted it a smidge bigger for how I want to wear it.  There is no stretch in this shirt.  I compared the size charts for both of these shirts and just decided from there.  I waffled back and forth between the 8 and the 10.  I also thought if I wanted to wear a long sleeved tee underneath during the colder months, I'd need the extra room.  Hope that helps.  I ended up preordering the camo and the floral.Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@IlliniGirl88 - Thx for your sizing info. I was considering size 6 or 8. Decided on 8 for the same reasons you state. 

I wonder if there is enuf fabric/give to have it unbuttoned,  but tied at the waist over a tank or shirt? 

I will also try it styled, untucked with obi belt to cinch the waist.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

Re: G.I.L.I. - 2017 Blast Off! Roma 5 has arrived!!l

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@IlliniGirl88 @winamac1 @1Professor @Sunnycorle - the Spanx TSV leggings are active/posted!

I'm going to place my order today. @IlliniGirl88 - you make me want all of them, lol. Woman LOL

Performance fit, not QVC sizing!

a291793.jpg

SPANX_LeggingsSizeChart.jpg

Spanx Look at Me Now Seamless Leggings have a wide waistband for tummy control,comfortable,seamless shaping firms all around,shaping_ support level.Full length Shaping Legging;Performance

Fitted:Cut close to the body for moderate activity.At the waist,slim leg.Inseam(Solid): S=22 1/2",M=24",L=24 1/2",L=24 1/4",XL=24 3/4",1X/2X=24".Inseam (Heather)S=21 1/2",M=22 1/2",L=23",XL=23 1/2",1X/2X=25".Content Heather:90% Nylon/10% Spandex/Elastane,Solid Colors:94% Nylon/6% Spandex/Elastane.Care:HWC/ONCBWN/LFTD/DNI.Imported,2X Charcoal=USA.

@Chi-town girl @IlliniGirl88@1Professor@winamac1 ohhhhh ladies!!! I think I am going to have to get these!!! No insider yet in my mailbox. They look great! 

Respected Contributor

@Sunnycorle  -  LOL!  I love the black, and wear them a lot!  Both camo colors are so much fun to wear; such a great pattern.  I'm mulling over ordering the navy this time around.  Let us know what you get.Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@Sunnycorle wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@IlliniGirl88 @winamac1 @1Professor @Sunnycorle - the Spanx TSV leggings are active/posted!

I'm going to place my order today. @IlliniGirl88 - you make me want all of them, lol. Woman LOL

Performance fit, not QVC sizing!

a291793.jpg

SPANX_LeggingsSizeChart.jpg

Spanx Look at Me Now Seamless Leggings have a wide waistband for tummy control,comfortable,seamless shaping firms all around,shaping_ support level.Full length Shaping Legging;Performance

Fitted:Cut close to the body for moderate activity.At the waist,slim leg.Inseam(Solid): S=22 1/2",M=24",L=24 1/2",L=24 1/4",XL=24 3/4",1X/2X=24".Inseam (Heather)S=21 1/2",M=22 1/2",L=23",XL=23 1/2",1X/2X=25".Content Heather:90% Nylon/10% Spandex/Elastane,Solid Colors:94% Nylon/6% Spandex/Elastane.Care:HWC/ONCBWN/LFTD/DNI.Imported,2X Charcoal=USA.

@Chi-town girl @IlliniGirl88@1Professor@winamac1 ohhhhh ladies!!! I think I am going to have to get these!!! No insider yet in my mailbox. They look great! 

I ordered the black camo yesterday. Order is showing 'in process' BUT delivery date of 2/15. I'm hoping to receive the black camo before the TSV date so I can verify size & assess fit, quality, etc. 

In the InsideQ mag, there is an interview with Susan/Spanx. She said the camo prints are very subtle so she wears them casually but also with a white blouse + heels or boots for a polished office style. If they are that nice, I will also order the green camo & the charcoal. Will keep you posted! 

Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@IlliniGirl88 - Thx for your sizing info. I was considering size 6 or 8. Decided on 8 for the same reasons you state. 

I wonder if there is enuf fabric/give to have it unbuttoned,  but tied at the waist over a tank or shirt? 

@Chi-town girl  -  I had to send back my original size 8 gray floral shirt (from last season) due to a misfortunate pattern placement of two white flowers directly over each breast.  It was really bad.Woman LOL  I had enough fabric to tie at the waist over a tank, but didn't try it on with a regular long sleeve tee (it was summer and about 1,000 degrees at the time).  Since it's more blousy, I'd rather have a smidge more room.  I do think it would look cute with the obi, like Jill had worn it, but I know I won't wear it buttoned and untucked.  I would probably do a belt though. 

Respected Contributor

@Sunnycorle  -  I find they run very true to size.  I'm a 6 and sometimes 8 on the bottom and ordered the medium.  They fit really well, and the quality is great.  They are a heftier type legging.  If you have a store nearby which sells Spanx, you may want to scout them out.  They do have different type leggings, so make sure you're comparing the same as the TSV.  I've worn the camo with a white boyfriend type (longer) shirt, long cashmere tunic sweater and boots, heels, or flats.  They look cute with trainers too.  For me, they can go everyday casual or dressy.  Hope you like them!

Honored Contributor

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Chi-town girl  -  I had to send back my original size 8 gray floral shirt (from last season) due to a misfortunate pattern placement of two white flowers directly over each breast.  It was really bad.Woman LOL  I had enough fabric to tie at the waist over a tank, but didn't try it on with a regular long sleeve tee (it was summer and about 1,000 degrees at the time).  Since it's more blousy, I'd rather have a smidge more room.  I do think it would look cute with the obi, like Jill had worn it, but I know I won't wear it buttoned and untucked.  I would probably do a belt though. 

Lol @IlliniGirl88 I remember reading about the 'placement' of those flowers. 

I agree about desired fit, I want it sized so I can wear various tops under it. Now I'm thinking about sizing up to a 10, but will the shoulder &  sleeves fit properly. With GILI tops & jackets I typically size up from B&M for best fit. Hope it's presented tonight so we can have a closer look. 

Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

Lol @IlliniGirl88 I remember reading about the 'placement' of those flowers. 

I agree about desired fit, I want it sized so I can wear various tops under it. Now I'm thinking about sizing up to a 10, but will the shoulder &  sleeves fit properly. With GILI tops & jackets I typically size up from B&M for best fit. Hope it's presented tonight so we can have a closer look. 

@Chi-town girl  -  When I look at shirts or jackets online.  I always go by the bust, shoulder width, and armhole measurements.  I feel like I'd have been fine with the 8 or 10, but based on the last blouse, thought I'd go up one size.  I do have a GILI denim shirt and bought both an 8 and 10.  Quite honestly, I can't tell that much of a difference between the sizes, except the 10 is easier to tie at the waist (I wear over a maxi dress). 

I called CS and they said they didn't have it on the schedule for today.  PMStyle shows the blazer cape, so I would think that will be shown and hope Jill talks about the blouse too.