Esteemed Contributor

Re: Funny thing about clothes; does this happen to others?

Yes.  I have some pieces that I know I'll never wear again (don't fit, not the "me" I am right now), but that i keep because they remind me of a time in my life.

I may have to re-evaluate this and move on!

My "new" thing is bedding and I could use some of that shelf space for my sheet/quilt collection.  Hmmm.  Sleep more important than clothes.  I think I'm getting old.

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

Yes, this happens to me more often than I like.  Glad to hear others feel the same way. 

Esteemed Contributor

I am finding that after menopause, where i gain weight has gradually changed and so tops that may have fit before are now too tight in the back and upper body while pants still fit well. So when I went through my clothes changing over from summer to fall a lot of tops that were too tight got donated.

As well i am wearing a lot of skinny jeans so I'm wearing longer tops to balance the jeans so the shorter ones also got donated too.

The other day I wore a chiffon top with a camisole underneath and both the cami and top were riding up and it drove me crazy constantly fidgeting and pulling the top down. It got donated after one wear...never again to be worn by me!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

What a clever thread O/P yes it has happened to me many times.Woman Wink

Valued Contributor

Yes, this answer makes sense to me...........................it has happened to me many times...................

Respected Contributor

For sure. Sometimes I just outwear something.  I wore it too often before and even though I put it away for a while, when I take it back out, it still has the worn to often feel.  Time to donate it.

Deb

Honored Contributor

That has happened to me too. It usually happens at the change of seasons. I will pull things out and put them on for the first time in 6 months. Then I stand there in front of the mirror and wonder "What was I thinking?" when I wore this last year. I have noticed lots of thing fit differently since menopause. That's a real bummer sometimes.