Respected Contributor

Come to Connecticut, bring your own bags or pay for store furnished bags.  If you bring your own bags, some cashiers expect you to bag your own purchases

Honored Contributor

Re: Funny but true

[ Edited ]

@Abrowneyegirl  Rolling clothing is to prevent wrinkles,  Folding clothing to be put in a bag often with other items just results in a mess.  Unless putting them in a box, folded clothing usually doesn't stay that way.  Rolling is the most efficient way to pack clothing.

Esteemed Contributor

Younger or older -  no difference. I have often - very often - took clothing out of a cashier's hands and re-folded to my own satisfaction. For jeans, especially, I always fold, matching seams.

Respected Contributor
I have never once given a second thought to how any clothing item was ever folded in a bag. That seems needlessly fussy to me.
Respected Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl  I haven't noticed whether it was young or older, but hate when they stretch the neckline out of shape to pull it over the hanger.  JUST REMOVE THE HANGER THROUGH THE BOTTOM OF THE GARMENT.  It has happened so many times that I remove the hanger while standing in line and fold the item with the price tag showing in hopes that they won't grab it into a bunch and throw it into a bag.

And it happens at both the discount and department stores.  Seems to me that they need more training - if someone is paying for something whether it has value to the employee or not, they should use some sort of care in placing it into a bag for the customer. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Contributor

I'm just  happy they put it in a bag I don't have to pay for and I don't have to bring my own.

Valued Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ 

Good point about washing before wearing. I've never worried about how a clothing item is placed in a bag, because I know I'm going to wash it before wear. 

It doesn't sound like everyone does that though, so maybe if I am buying clothing for a gift I need to pay better attention to how it is folded (in case the recepient doesn't wash before wear)?

Learn something new every day!

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Esteemed Contributor

Lots of items I have received from QVC over the years have come neatly packaged and still full of wrinkles!!  Figure that one out.

Honored Contributor

Here in Chicago we are charged 7 cents for each bag at a store.  It is a great idea.  We bring our own and bag our own groceries.  As far as Marshall's/TJ Maxx, I just put the item of clothing in my own bag willy nilly.  I always wash everything first (started doing so after reading responses on this forum) so it doesn't matter how it's bagged.

Honored Contributor

Seems to me that they need more training 

store is probably happy to have someone show up for work