Respected Contributor

My friend told me that when she shops in "discount" clothing stores like TJMaxx, Mashells, etc she always tries to get the "more mature" cashiers because they know how to fold clothes before bagging.  

Younger people apparently do not know how to fold clothes so they are taught to roll or wind up the clothes before stuffing them into the bag.

So I been more observant the last few months and low and behold she is right!!!

Has anyone else noticed this?

Respected Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

My friend told me that when she shops in "discount" clothing stores like TJMaxx, Mashells, etc she always tries to get the "more mature" cashiers because they know how to fold clothes before bagging.  

Younger people apparently do not know how to fold clothes so they are taught to roll or wind up the clothes before stuffing them into the bag.

So I been more observant the last few months and low and behold she is right!!!

Has anyone else noticed this?

No

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

No

Trusted Contributor
Haven't noticed if it's old vs young, but i do notice cashiers need to learn how to fold clothes. I sometimes take them out of the bag and refold them before i leave. Yes, ocd, but its my pet peeve
Honored Contributor

Young people do not think things like this are important and apparently their bosses don't think so either or they would be trained on how to fold a garment and pack groceries. There was a young girl who bagged our order at Walmart last night and she put the frozen shrimp in the same bag as the Wick wax melts. Now you would think that would be just common sense, not to put a fragrance item in with food. I carry a cooler for the frozen and cold items so I was able to catch it right away.

Honored Contributor

Here we go again. Not really funny nor necessarily true. I don't expect any special folding from discount stores. 

Esteemed Contributor

No.  A 50something bunched my clothes into one bag the last time I purchased clothing.

Trusted Contributor

I noticed at the grocery stores the young kids do not know how to pack groceries.  They just throw things in and could care less.  They look so thrilled to be working.  So, I do believe older cashiers take the extra time to fold clothes correctly.

Honored Contributor

I don’t care if my clothes are folded in a bag where they would never stay folded anyway.

Aren’t clothes washed before wearing? Mine are.

Respected Contributor

At our TJ Maxx you don't have a choice as to which cashier you want.  They call a number and you go to that cashier.  And I can't remember seeing one over 30.