Super Contributor

There is a best practice for tjx employees when bagging ;air fold and drop in bag.  Time saver .

Valued Contributor

I will just admit I'm kinda shocked that some "don't" wash clothes before wearing them? It's just something I've always done? Didn't realize that others don't. As a another poster stated, you learn something new every day! lol

~ Hope in TN ~
Honored Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

I didn't work at a discount retail store, but we had to wrap our items in tissue and affix the logo stamp to the little bundle.  Often times garments were left on hangers and a clothing bag placed over the item and tied at a knot at the bottom and then placed in a department store paper bag with handles.  I detest when things are just 'thrown' into a bag any old way. 

I've been buying so many things online nowadays that its not an issue for me.

I can't figure out why the grocery store clerks throw your bunch of bananas in with the canned goods.  Woman Frustrated

@jellyBEAN 

I shopped in this one store at our mall --- which has since closed --- and they had the best customer service --- it was truly a pleasure to shop there!  It was not even a really expensive store --- just moderate, I would say, but you were treated so nicely.  And when you went to the counter to pay, each item was folded perfectely and wrapped in tissue paper with their little logo sticker, and placed delicately in their bag.  Your receipt was folded precisely in a small envelope with a card with the name of the cashier who helped you.  It made you feel so special!!! 

Regarding the OP's question, I have not noticed any particular store or partcular age group being more careful or less careful.  Sometimes I get purchases nicely folded and divided up appropriately in bags and sometimes things are just balled up and thrown in the bags as if they were rubbish! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

@jellyBEAN  @AngelPuppy1 

This might make me sound shallow, but I find the whole shopping experience more enjoyable when my purchases are treated with such respect and I feel more valued as a customer.

Just Friday at my hair salon I purchased the tiniest bottle of oil and it was wrapped in silver tissue, affixed with a decorative seal and put in a lovely gift bag. 

Respected Contributor

@BrandiDavis   I think most of us do wash our clothes before wearing. But I do not usually plan on dry cleaning  3 wool cardigans before wearing because they were balled up in a bag.

If I am buying a gift it makes it hard if it is a wrinkled mess.

Once I had to return a pair of wool blend trousers because when they balled them up and the crease in the pants was ruined.  The dry cleaner told me return them or good luck as they were not going to take responsibility trying to fix them.  

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@jellyBEAN  @AngelPuppy1 

This might make me sound shallow, but I find the whole shopping experience more enjoyable when my purchases are treated with such respect and I feel more valued as a customer.

Just Friday at my hair salon I purchased the tiniest bottle of oil and it was wrapped in silver tissue, affixed with a decorative seal and put in a lovely gift bag. 

@magicmoodz 

I don't think so at all!  

Customer service is almost a thing of the past any more.  I think that's wonderful when a place of business goes a littl bit beyond to make a person feel special!  

Most places are just so cut and dry.  Sometimes you don't even get acknowledged or   receive a thank you! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin