Honored Contributor

Re: Funny And/Or Fashionable Ways To Cover Your Hair

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

DISCLAIMER I completely realize that this is completely trivial under the circumstances. Just trying to do something lighthearted and distracting.  Please add some if you can.

For so many of us who can't get a cut and or color right now. I'll just live with mine and hope no one that sees me from a social distance notices.  I do have a couple boxes of temporary color and some root concealer, I understand those are becoming like toilet paper. Have a few hats that are big enough for my large head.

Mosquito net hat270992_0_41.jpeg

Beekeepers hat

ac215c60feeb3a412be41a05236b67b9--beekeeping-supplies-veils.jpg

Beautiful headscarves and turbans, like this one from ASOS

13214813-1-multi.jpeg

I wish I looked like this beautiful woman in a turban, in a turban.

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I'm still laughing at that red hat. It's actually available on Amazon! Wacky Kentucky Derby hats for a postponed derby.

In addition to covering your hair this one might help keep people at a distance. From Lulus

4083310_818982.jpg

I love this!  I actually have a hat I wore to the Derby several years ago that isn't a whole lot different.  

Probably not good for running to Trader Joe's in, though.

Contributor

Within the last year I finished the VERY painful process of growing the brunette dye out of my mainly salty salt-and-pepper hair.  That’s seeming like a good move right about now.

Honored Contributor

@auntjoy036 wrote:

Within the last year I finished the VERY painful process of growing the brunette dye out of my mainly salty salt-and-pepper hair.  That’s seeming like a good move right about now.

@auntjoy036   I did that 2 years ago and I only regret it with the lack of body.  I still have very thick hair, albeit not as thick as the very, very thick hair years earlier.  Thick hair without body and without curl is just flat and does nothing but sit there.  I never had to do anything to my hair when it was colored but perhaps blow dry it a bit after towel-drying it and sitting it out for a while and maybe, sometimes, using a curling iron or hot curlers around the front. 

Thick colored hair will just about do anything.  Thick gray hair for me does nothing but lie flat.

Esteemed Contributor

Yeh Baby!  I'm lovin' that giganzo red hat above!

But thanks for the reminder... I have a big straw garden hat in my closet.  I could wear that to fight the hordes at the supermarket!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I challenge someone to find a fashionable hat made out of rolls of toilet paper.  They have to be out there somewhere.

Valued Contributor

HA! Wonder where this picture is from