Honored Contributor

Re: Funnelneck Tops And Sweaters

dont care for turtlenecks, dont care for funnel necks.....wont wear either.

now i CAN do a cowl neck.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I don’t like turtlenecks or funnelneck sweaters ... I feel like someone is choking  me .... 👎👎👎

Esteemed Contributor

I love funnel necks.  Especially like the wheat-colored one in your first post, @Greeneyedlady21   Looks very comfortable.  Sometimes turtlenecks are too tight and cowls are too big - a funnel neck is a good compromise.  I own 3.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

Love them!

Most of the winter sweaters I make have funnel necks, and I wear them over turtleneck shirts.

I have a few sleeveless funnel neck tops from Attitudes from a few years ago.
Esteemed Contributor

Not a fan of turtle/funnelneck tops as they're too tight on my neck and I feel like I'm suffocating.   

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

I love funnel necks and I have a similar sweater from LL Bean that you posted!!

I wear regular turtlenecks but not often, it has to be mid winter.  They are warm but I actually don't care for calling attention to my neck these days and I feel they do that moreso than cover it up!!

Honored Contributor

I'm one of those that can't wear turtle necks.  Like them a lot, but sadly can't wear them. On occasion I can wear cowl necks and funnelnecks.  I guess I prefer open colors.  I can't even to wear stand collars on jackets.  It's a ridiculous phobia.  I wish I got over them. 

Honored Contributor

I don’t think I’ve ever owned a funnelneck but I think I’d like it better than a turtleneck.  I’m not fond of how tight and high a true turtleneck fits.  I’ve lost a bunch of weight since last year so every new season I’ve needed a new wardrobe, which has been fun.  My new style for fall/winter will be mock turtlenecks with v-neck cardigans.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have tons of turtleneck in sweaters and in the lighter jersey type fabric for layering under regular sweaters and sweatshirts.  I have a few cowl neck sweaters as well.  I usually have my turtleneck/sweatshirt combo. in the winter on Friday's to the office, with my socks matching the turtleneck.  It may be a dated type look but I am what I am especially on cold days and a Friday.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Trusted Contributor

I have a short neck and a slight double chin. Any top around the neck ( even a funnel neck) makes me appear as if my head is sitting directly on top of my torso.  For me, that is not a good look. lol