Trusted Contributor

Re: Fun Poll: Do you ever wear just black & white together?

Wearing just black and white together is one of my best looks, and one I always get compliments on. For a tiny spot of color I wear a large rubellite and diamond ring with a dressy outfit.

I am also a "Winter", with fair skin, dark brown eyes, and silver hair.

Honored Contributor

I don't because black and white are horrid on me. I love them on other women though. Fresh or sophisticated, dressy or casual - black and white will do it.

Frequent Contributor

On 3/1/2014 Sister Golden Hair said:

Yes, in fact, today I had on black slacks, white top and a long black sweater.

Does it bother anyone but me that the women's foot is hanging over the side of the sandal and her toe is over the front?

I like to wear black & white or navy & white in the summer. Classic look. I wear gold or silver jewelry. When I feel spunky {#emotions_dlg.sneaky} , I'll wear red shoes & jewelry.

Whatever happened to the spectator heels? No one makes them anymore {#emotions_dlg.sad}. I'd like a pair of red/white and navy/white.

I agree with you about models feet. IMO, this is the price women are paying to wear 3" plus spike heels with pointed toe box ...... oooouchhhh. In a few years they'll experience back, hip and knee disorders.

Call me "old fashion" but I'm sticking to 2-1/2" stable heels.

Esteemed Contributor

No, never.

Honored Contributor

I like black and white together, but I don't look good with either combination up near my face- they totally wash me out. If I wear black/white I usually wear a bright color like hot pink, turquoise or red to add interest.

IM has a new black/white scarf you might be interested in. A240625

Isaac Mizrahi Live! Lattice Print Scarf with Fringe

Trusted Contributor

On 3/1/2014 Reever said: I believe white is a harsh color for many women to pull off. Unless one has bronzed skin, the white tends to make the face even paler. I also think black and white reminds me of a waitresses uniform. I feel most women look better in pastels.
Reever, funny you should say that! Many years ago a friend from work and I went to a cocktail party after the office. She was wearing a white tailored shirt tucked into a black pencil skirt. Well, it wasn't until some man walked by and handed her an empty glass that we noticed all the waitresses were dressed the same way LOL
Respected Contributor

Yes. My first fancy maternity outfit from Lord & Taylor was a black knit fabric skirt suit with a nice black and white animal print top. Loved it. Once I made a black and white patterned dress and wrap. I wore that with long black leather gloves to dinners and a wedding or two. I'll wear a black top with white pants or a skirt these days.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh yes! It is how I plan to style my spring/summer wardrobe this year. But, I don't consider the model's dress white--I would call it ivory or cream (a color more flattering to many).

Respected Contributor

certainly

Honored Contributor

On 3/1/2014 Sooner said:

I'm not a big fan of the ""pop of color"" thing in general. I wear black and white a lot and am not afraid to wear all white either.

Ditto. I also am not afraid to wear all black.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.