Respected Contributor

Fun Custom Jeans!

[ Edited ]

I read an article that said Levi jeans that have a pattern are made in Henderson, Nevada. They use a laser machine to make the patterns. Customers have the ability to create their own pattern and if they order their Levi Strauss jeans online, the company can laser that pattern into the jean for them. Fun custom jeans!

image.png

If you took the opportunity to design your own pattern for your jeans, what would that pattern look like?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Fun Custom Jeans!

[ Edited ]

Great idea!  Do you know that you're not supposed to wash your jeans?  This is actually according to Levis....

Of course, most folk don't pay that no mind @Desert Lily 

Laundry is inevitable, but thankfully there are people like Levi’s CEO and President Chip Bergh who want to make our lives a little easier. According to him, you should never wash a pair of jeans. Ever.

While this may prompt noises of disgust from those are less-then-enamoured by the idea of walking around in dirty clothes, Mr Bergh explained that he "spot cleans" any stains with a toothbrush.

Speaking to Fortune in a video that was recently re-shared on social media he said: "The point I was trying to make… it was a wake-up call to consumers that we go into autopilot and after we’re finished wearing something, we just automatically toss it into the laundry.

"A good pair of denim doesn’t really need to be washed in the washing machine except for very infrequently or rarely."

His argument is based around the fact that washing a good pair of Levis actually causes damage to the material, and is a waste of water.

Mr Bergh isn’t the only denim expert to come out with this advice. Hiut Denim’s website says: "Raw denim is best given a good six months before washing. The longer you can leave it, the better your jeans will look.

"The reason for this is that the indigo will have worn off in places where you make natural creases. Just by sitting down, putting your phone in and out of your pockets, your hands in your pockets. All these daily little things will make your jeans look great.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/fashion/levi-s-ceo-explains-why-you-should-never-wash-your-...

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Super Contributor

I can't even imagine not washing my jeans!    Yuck.  

Honored Contributor

I would like wearing the Mickey Mouse jeans @Desert Lily .  So cute.

Honored Contributor

I recommend washing jeans, pants, etc.  Especially during these times of various virus, etc.

Never know what's lurking on seating, seats, etc.

Keep safe and keep clean, imo.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

Maybe he's stuck in the 1849 Gold Rush days.......

Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily That is very cool. I would like butterflies, with some hummingbirds too.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21  I like your ideas of butterflies and humming birds. There are several humming birds around my house.

@San Antonio Gal  I adore Mickey & Minnie

I think I would try dandelion puffs for spring & summer, and maybe Santas for the holidays.

@candyagain  @ROMARY  @lavenderfields  @gertrudecloset , What design would you create on jeans if you had the opportunity?

Esteemed Contributor

I'd want a fleur de lis pattern to honor my city.  Wonder how much these cost?

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

So ironic that an official from the Levis company wants us to treat our jeans so tenderly, when they were originally made of denim because it's such a tough material.  I think I'll keep washing mine.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett