Valued Contributor

Full details needed in fashion description

Much like food ingredients we need complete details on fashion pieces.  The TSV has nothing about the cuff...button, snap, nothing, no cuff, droopy shoulder seam, etc.  I suppose we can listen to the half hour presentations several times a day but I think reading the description should list all details...especially since we cannot physically try on fashion until we receive it and that is an expense if it does not look good.

Honored Contributor

Re: Full details needed in fashion description

@Gabidog

I find that I have to watch the video over and over and then zoom in - to try to catch some of the garment details - even then you can't see all the details.

That's when I decide not to buy it!

--------------------------------------------------------

@Gabidog wrote:

Much like food ingredients we need complete details on fashion pieces.  The TSV has nothing about the cuff...button, snap, nothing, no cuff, droopy shoulder seam, etc.  I suppose we can listen to the half hour presentations several times a day but I think reading the description should list all details...especially since we cannot physically try on fashion until we receive it and that is an expense if it does not look good.

Frequent Contributor

You're so right - that should be the huge benefit to having air time, unlike every other store. They used to do that, but now they focus more on selling - why you need the item vs what the item is. Returns are expensive.

Esteemed Contributor

Same here , if the info is not there or not provided by the Host , I've learned Not to Buy the item. I've bought elsewhere .

Esteemed Contributor

In addition to complete details about a garment I would like better size information.   The height of the host or model isn't a good indicator of size.  Not everyone who is 5'2" wears an xxs!!  

Honored Contributor

@grandma r wrote:

In addition to complete details about a garment I would like better size information.   The height of the host or model isn't a good indicator of size.  Not everyone who is 5'2" wears an xxs!!  

@grandma r     I agree.    I am 4'10".....and I'm NOT a "petite".....because I have broad shoulders.    

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

We all have computers, tablets and smart phones.  Presentation are not ever going back to what they were in the year 2000.  All the information that we need is in the product description.  I always look at that and the sizing while host is selling the item.  It's a habit now.  

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree 

True - fabric and garment measurements are there.

BUT you can't see if patterns/plaids match at all the seams, if pockets bulge (hands are ALWAYS in the pockets), etc.   

Showing a white outfit against the white wall, or anything black - impossible to see garment structure.

-----------------------------------------------------------

@chrystaltree wrote:

We all have computers, tablets and smart phones.  Presentation are not ever going back to what they were in the year 2000.  All the information that we need is in the product description.  I always look at that and the sizing while host is selling the item.  It's a habit now.  

Honored Contributor

@LibbyLib wrote:

You're so right - that should be the huge benefit to having air time, unlike every other store. They used to do that, but now they focus more on selling - why you need the item vs what the item is. Returns are expensive.

got to start laughing and jabbering for 3 minutes about stupid stuff,

playing with stuffed animals, etc.  Past life experiences, on and on

Esteemed Contributor

@Gabidog @chrystaltree 

Garment descriptions are often inaccurate.  I rely on the pictures and video and most importantly garment measurements to make purchases.  I have seen product descriptions indicating twist collar for a mockneck.  I just posted about a sweater described as long sleeeve, but it is bracelet sleeve length on the models and host Amy Stran.  

I wouldn't recommend relying on the descriptions.