Valued Contributor

Re: Frustrated with Q's use of Social Media!

I really wish they would just have a level playing field and give everyone a chance at the item at the same time.  After all, we are all spending the same money for the items!  If you wanted to catch all of the sneak peaks that they post for their fans, you would have to follow ALL of the hosts and live on Facebook all day long.  Even when I get the sneak peaks via email, with fashion items, I usually like to wait for the presentation to see how the colors look, and how the fabric drapes when modeled live.  Often things are not quite what you think they are from the picture.

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Honored Contributor

@ChancesMom

ChancesMom, I am so very glad you started this thread.  My gripe isn't exactly the same as yours but week after week I'm so ticked at Amy Stran for not giving out item numbers as she previews and then presents the LOGO clothes on Monday nights. Didn't she ever have host training?    When I'm on my computer, my back is to the TV set.   I look at the items that Amy previews and then want to look at them on my computer and perhaps even order one or two or three  Smiley Happy  . But I need the item numbers!  I usually end up having to search from the scant description she gave, like "twin set" or something.

Geez, Amy, give the darn item numbers of clothing.   Some items even sell out before the presentation (like last week's LOGO sweater with the sating and lace trim) so I want to see the colors and read the description online.  And I always order online to get rebates from Ebates (and I will check out Mr. Ebates as a poster suggested a few days ago).   WHY oh WHY don't the hosts, esp. Amy, give out the item numbers?

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee yes, I find it a silly way to "sell" things.  When I shop online at other sites, I look thru the information and buy what I want.  I don't have to play "find" the item number.

IMO when a company resorts to this sort of game playing with their customers, they have jumped the shark.  I watched the first two weeks of the Monday night programming and then gave up because I didn't care for the presentations. 

It's like the tune in at 7:00 for a surprise.  That isn't as effective a sales tactic as it once was simply because, at least for me, QVC has issues with its sizing and also its limited selection.

I decided I don't WANT to play so I have opted out of the Monday night fashion shows, along with most of QVC's other programming. 

It has been a very good choice for my wallet.

Trusted Contributor

I don't watch Monday nights anymore.  To be quite honest, I don't watch the Q much at all anymore.  I don't like the direction they've chosen to go.  All the social media, the new set up of the web pages, the prices, the shipping, the made in China, the whole Q experience for me over the last year has been a complete turnoff.  If I want something I search online and purchase what I want and that is not very often these days.  I do much better elsewhere. 

Honored Contributor

@GinaV24  Good for you!  I hope I reach that point also.  Enjoyed your post.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ChancesMom wrote:

I don't understand why Q turns every show into a "find the item number" game. I enjoy watching Inspired Style and Logo on Monday nights and often order items. Last night I am trying to make dinner, answer homework questions and "sneaaka peek" at the TV. I am waiting for the item number for the Lisa Rinna cardigan that Amy "teases" will be available at the end of the show. I try going on line - not there, try live chat-no answer. Finally, by the time the item is presented there is a "frenzy". I am trying to juggle a million things and get my order in! After all of this, the Logo show comes on and again - it's "games and secrets", the item # for a new Logo item will be posted on Amy's Facebook page at 7PM. You have to find Amy's page, what for the link, etc. Why is everything a secret? We all have busy lives and I know I don't have time to play "treasure hunt' to order items. Also,often by the time I go to Facebook and find the host page or the Q page or whatever treasure map they give - the item sells out!! Super frustrating!!

Good points ..... and I hope you also post this thread in the QVC Suggestion Box section ....  they need to see this!

Honored Contributor

Technology is a lifestyle and a choice.  You move forward with it, and enjoy the benefits and put up with the learning curve or you don't.  It's up to you.  There are always good and bad things about new communication avenues, and nothing is perfect.  But as you learn you will find out how to customize it more to your liking--even if it isn't perfect.

I learned a long time ago that you move forward or not, but if you don't move forward ( I remember when Windows came out!) at least to a degree, you will have a difficult if not impossible time catching up.  I've been doing this since 1982.  

My mom simply refused to use a computer.  We tried to get her to and she wouldn't.  We got her a flip phone and she refused to use it.  It was too complicated.  Really!  She even kept saying she didn't know how to recharge it.  Recently she admitted she'd missed out on a lot by not using a computer or the phone.  SO, my point here is that sometimes even if you don't really like something, stop and think about if your life will be diminished in the future without it.  

Not trying to belittle anyone who doesn't want to use social media. . . I'm simply tossing ot things to think about.  The world moves at an astounding and sometimes frightening pace now. 

Respected Contributor

I think it is smart for QVC or any business to use social media to promote their product and services, but when I watch a show I want to hear about the products, not Facebook.

Honored Contributor

@Iwantcoffee wrote:

I think it is smart for QVC or any business to use social media to promote their product and services, but when I watch a show I want to hear about the products, not Facebook.

Yes, I agree with your comments. In the age in which we live, social media is a must for any business, but like you said, when I am watching the show on TV, it's the product I want to hear about, not FB.

"To each their own, in all things".
Super Contributor

I was reading the other day (maybe on these boards) about QVC buying Zulilly and that QVCs demographics have changed over the last few years down to the age 20s and  30s group instead of the 40s and 50s.  I don't know if that's true or not, but did read it in the article about QVC's plans for Zulilly.