Super Contributor

Re: Frustrated over very long tops

And, I'm just the opposite. I'm long waisted and only buy long tops! {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Esteemed Contributor

I'm 5'4" and am finished buying tunics or long tops. Susan's tunics on her that in the back come down almost to the back of her knee, just don't look good on her. She loves them and thinks they "cover what she wants to cover." A 26" top is the length I consider. I watch my weight, work out, and I just don't buy my clothes to cover myself like a Burka.

Valued Contributor

I find too many tops are that awkward in-between length - almost tunic. They are longer than I want for regular pants, and not long enough to wear with leggings (or at least not long enough IN FRONT.) I want it one way or the other. A compromise length does me no good whatsoever.

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Honored Contributor

If I bought many shirts and had to pay $15 a pop to have them shortened, I'd learn how to sew a simple hem.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

On 3/9/2015 Kachina624 said: If I bought many shirts and had to pay $15 a pop to have them shortened, I'd learn how to sew a simple hem.

My thoughts exactly!

Super Contributor

OP, for your height there are plenty of options in D & C, not to mention every other line. Finally some items for taller women are available - we count too!!

Respected Contributor

while I like a longer top I don't like them down to my knees which tunics and most tops are. I am 4'11''. Some tops just can't be shortened or altered depending on the cut and style. I really have to watch what I purchase anymore since I don't like their return policy now.

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/9/2015 Shiraz said:

I find too many tops are that awkward in-between length - almost tunic. They are longer than I want for regular pants, and not long enough to wear with leggings (or at least not long enough IN FRONT.) I want it one way or the other. A compromise length does me no good whatsoever.

Agree! I HATE the "almost tunic"!

OP - try running a search on QVC.com and specify the size and max length you are looking for. (It seems to me IM has shorter tops, too).

I'm average height but I was not happy during the midriff top style phase - something I could NEVER carry off.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

On 3/9/2015 buddylou said:
On 3/9/2015 Kachina624 said: If I bought many shirts and had to pay $15 a pop to have them shortened, I'd learn how to sew a simple hem.

My thoughts exactly!

Not so easy when everything is knit and a blend of rayon/spandex, you can't successfully cut that then hand sew it and have it look like something you would want to wear.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm 5'3" and I find most of QVC's tops too long, not just the tunic lengths. And forget about the long sleeves; they're ridiculously long on me. QVC sells a few petite tops and those work for me, but I stopped buying the regular length tops unless the garment measurements indicate that the fit will be OK for me. Long tops that hosts promise will cover all your problem areas usually do the opposite, especially in those cheap knits that QVC seems enamored with these days. They cling and show the worst of us, and for petites those long tops make us look even shorter. I saw Susan Graver wearing one of her tunics and it made her legs look like they were very, very short. That made it easy for me to see that the top was definitely a no-go for me.