Respected Contributor

I always say...

"When someone is wearing to much "In Fashion" they don't look fashionable they look more like a "Hot Mess"! 

Honored Contributor

Oh........if I could only look like Cousin Itt

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

Fringe bags have been around for eons.  Very popular w/female motorcycle gang hanger ons & female motor cycle riders.

For some strange reason, they are just now coming out in the main stream world.

Fringe boots have been popular in Europe for eons too.  I have a pair of 20 yr old red suade knee high fringe boots that I purchased in Belgium of all places.  At that time, most of the Europeans were wearing ankle fringe boots.

Fringe was also huge in the US during the late 60's - 70's Hippy Days, long fringe on vests, fringe on handbags and boots and pretty much everything else you can think of and often no discretion as to whether you wear all the fringe at once or not.... lol.... I was in college at the time and was into fringe big time.... Woman LOL

Funny, but l wasn't a fan of fringe during the 70's "hippie" era, and now l am, to a point. Maybe l'm regressing, lol.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

What goes around, comes around.  I wore A Lot of fringe in the 60's and don't want any part of it now.  I guess every generation needs to have a fringe trend.  Smiley Very Happy

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I like fringe but don't own any. I hope to add something with a bit of fringe soon. 

I do agree that a little goes a long way. One piece with fringe is going to be all I want to wear. 

Respected Contributor

I do not wear anything with fringe.  

Esteemed Contributor

IMO, a little bit goes a long way.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

Meh.  I'm on the fringe.   Smiley

Honored Contributor

Nope. Do not, will not do fringe, no matter what the item, no matter how expensive it is.

My fringed vest and fringed suede boots were purchased in Tijuana in the early 70s and that's where fringe belongs IMO - in the late 60s-early 70s. It cheapens the look of whatever it is on.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all