Respected Contributor

Re: Friends & Family Sale Pricing

There have been times when I have been planning a trip and thus searching for hotels and flights. But if you return to the site only a few minutes later, the price will have changed. This is especially true of airline prices. Maybe this is happening to Q pricing. Maybe the search and/or cart data is programmed for the price change?

Valued Contributor

I just noticed in my "saved" items a particular item had increased in price from $51 & change to $98 & change. I had purchased two at $51, but would not purchase one at $98. Like @Desert Lily I was quite surprised to say it mildly.

Trusted Contributor

I didn't even know there was a Friends and Family sale! 😂.  Was it just yesterday (Thursday)?   I wasn't online much. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

The change in sales price is nothing new and happens EVERYWHERE.  Walk into Target the sale price on an item today may be $8.00.  Next week the sales price on the same item is $10.00.

I have also noticed over the years that items may be marked at a Clearance price (30% off)  which is higher than I would have found the item for at a sales price (50% off) a couple months earlier.  

Respected Contributor

@mnmom  The Friends and Family Sale is shown at the top of the QVC homepage and ads have been aired.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shy bobcat  I'm sorry to hear that Q's pricing affected you, too.

I shop at reliable online retailers like Macy's, Dillard's, Sundance, Target, Home Depot, etc. and they usually post how long a sale price is in effect for.

Amazon is different & an exception because they're more of an online marketplace for a multitude of vendors & a delivery service. I watch out for vendors on Amazon that claim things like "only 2 left, order soon" or whose prices are higher than those on regular retailers' websites. I don't order from them.

Idk what retailers (besides those independents on Amazon) have roller coaster pricing without notification of sale dates. I'd rather purchase from retailers with transparency & make better purchasing decisions.

Honored Contributor

Try getting QVC's 30 day price guarantee. 

You will need to order the dress at the higher price.  Call CS when you receive the dress.  You will be refunded the difference.  

You might not want to try this if the dress is waitlisted or advanced order since you don't know when you will or if you will receive it.

Remember you only have 30 days from the date the price was low.  

Has been working for me.  

Trusted Contributor

@shy bobcat If you watch a presentation the host will repeatedly tell you that the sale price ends at the end of the show, at the end of the day, whatever the end date is. 

Of course, if you aren't watching the show and only have it in your cart or wish list, you wouldn't know. But, it is expressed over and over by hosts when the price goes up. They want the sale so highly encourage you to buy NOW before the price goes up. 

In addition, I do not know of any retail store that you can walk in after the sale and ask them to give you the sale price. It's standard practice to have sale and special pricing for a limited time. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

They're also creating the urgency certain customers might need to buy.   If you really wanted something but waited and the price went up, you might buy something sooner next time.  It's a time tested retail strategy. 

Valued Contributor

@cjm61 wrote:

@shy bobcat If you watch a presentation the host will repeatedly tell you that the sale price ends at the end of the show, at the end of the day, whatever the end date is. 

Of course, if you aren't watching the show and only have it in your cart or wish list, you wouldn't know. But, it is expressed over and over by hosts when the price goes up. They want the sale so highly encourage you to buy NOW before the price goes up. 

In addition, I do not know of any retail store that you can walk in after the sale and ask them to give you the sale price. It's standard practice to have sale and special pricing for a limited time. 

In my situation, I was shopping online and was not aware that the clearance price was time sensitive. I was fortunate that I purchased when I did not knowing that the price was scheduled to increase substantially even though still a clearance price.