Respected Contributor

Friends & Family Sale Pricing

[ Edited ]

Last night, I put LOGO #A586170 in my cart. The price was $58.12 as the sale price from $84.25 regular price. Then I went to brush my teeth and get ready for bed a few minutes before midnight.

When I returned to my cart, the LOGO hooded dress was no longer in it, but was a saved item bc I was away for a while. I went to put the item back in my cart, but the price had increased from on sale for $58.12 to $80.04 for the Friends & Family Sale. It's now advertised for a 4% discount. 4%, and it's $22 more than it cost on sale the day before.

I don't consider a 4% discount a sale price I'd be interested in for the Friends & Family Sale.

image.png

#A586170

$84.25 Regular Price

$58.12 Sale Price on 4/13/23

$80.04 Friends & Family Sale Price 4/14/23

I don't understand.

Honored Contributor

Re: Friends & Family Sale Pricing

Apparently, you found the item in the last hours of the reduced price period.

Honored Contributor

You snooze, you lose!! I find the pricing strategies, not only here but other retailers as well e.g., Amazon, to be bizarre.  I remember the time when once an item was reduced or on sale, it stayed that way.  I guess those days are long gone.

Valued Contributor

The Friends and Family prices, even with the Free S&H, are a joke.

Trusted Contributor

@Desert Lily That's pretty common. QVC is very good at reimbursing the difference within 30 days. If you find something that is at YOUR price point, you should buy it. QVC now has many "limited time" deals. They repeatedly state at midnight, or at the end of the show, the price will go up.

I have found this at many other online retailers. Have you ever noticed how you have items in your cart on Amazon, or even saved list, then when you log in there is a long list of how the items have increased and/or decreased? Happens all the time. 

Respected Contributor

@ECBG  What I don't understand is why the sale price would go from a $26 deduction to only a $4 deduction for the advertised big Friends & Family Sale.

I don't need the dress, and now I don't want the dress. At the original sale price it was something to wear around the house or out walking.

@kaydee50  Amazon has numerous independent vendors who price & market in all kinds of mysterious ways IMO. LOL

Respected Contributor

@cjm61  I didn't see the dress in a presentation; I saw it online. There was no due date of the sale price online, and it wasn't labeled a one time only.

I'm always very wary when shopping on amazon.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's terrible how they treat family and friends.  Smiley Mad

Honored Contributor

It happens all the time on internet shopping sites.  I'm surprised it surprises anyone now.  

Valued Contributor

@Desert Lily  I am sorry this price increase happened in your circumstance.  It doesn't feel like good customer relations unless CS adjusts the price for you.  If not, I would feel angry and would not purchase the item unless it was absolutely necessary.  QVC could do a better job at publishing special pricing and the expiring date and/or time.