Esteemed Contributor

Free shipping on Amazon no Prime needed

I ordered snow boots from Amazon and got free shipping. I don't know how long this will last, but right now any item over $25 ships for free, don't have to belong to Prime. I also got 10% off. 

I needed new boots for winter because my others were old and wearing out. They should arrive next Tuesday. I've ordered fashion items from Amazon before and have never been disappointed. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

Re: Free shipping on Amazon no Prime needed

I've never had Prime and most of my orders ship over $25 have always shipped for free.

There are some exceptions, mostly items that are from third parties.

Esteemed Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

I ordered snow boots from Amazon and got free shipping. I don't know how long this will last, but right now any item over $25 ships for free, don't have to belong to Prime. I also got 10% off. 

I needed new boots for winter because my others were old and wearing out. They should arrive next Tuesday. I've ordered fashion items from Amazon before and have never been disappointed. 

Good for you discovered that this has always been the case with Amazon.  It is not a promotion, it will not go away, as this has always been the case to get free shipping from Amazon.  You don't have to have Prime Membership to get free shipping.  Walmart does something similar where their minimum ship amount is $35.00.  Amazon's has always, been $25.00.  You won't get it as fast as prime 2 day shipping, but then there is a lot of stuff that never came to me with 2 day free shipping anyway.  

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Respected Contributor

I have been considering signing up for Amazon Prime.  I don't really understand all the in's & out's.  I was making up a cart and noticed the shipping costs.  $6 to ship two strands of Halloween fairy lights that cost $10.  Another $6 to ship 2 lights to put inside ceramice pumpkins that cost $14.  Right there is $12 in shipping.  It is from different vendors, but for most things, it's always different vendors when I shop.  I don't know if it's worth it but I'm getting tired of driving all over town looking for things.  Couldn't find garage sale tags or garage sale signs anywhere.  Ended up buying them from Amazon.

Honored Contributor

I'm not a Prime member and I never have a problem loading at least $25-worth of stuff to get the free shipping. There's a distribution center not far from me and many times my things get to my front door within two to three days after I place my order so for me paying for a Prime membership is not worth the cost.

Honored Contributor

just a reminder......not EVERYTHING on amazon qualifies for free shipping with a $25 purchase or even with prime. make sure to read the descriptions.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

As @sunshine45 has stated, even with Prime not everything ships for free even if over $25. The $25 minimum seems to hold true for items fulfilled by Amazon but with third party vendors that's not always the case. Many a time I've cancelled an order when I notice a $10.95 or $12.95 shipping fee.

Honored Contributor

I dont have Prime, if an item is eligible for free shipping it will be designated as Free Shipping on a order of $25 or more. 

Esteemed Contributor

i am Prime.  I did not know there was a free option without it.  I am going to call them.  I do know there are special sales just for Prime members. 

Valued Contributor

Never had Prime, and now that it is so expensive I probably never will.  I don't care about the streaming or the movies.  I have been buying from Amazon for 15 years and have paid for shipping maybe once or twice because the item was fulfilled by a third party, I really wanted it, and the cost was reasonable.

With today's prices it is certainly not difficult to have an order of greater than $25.00.

If I put something in my cart and it is less than a $25 total, I just let it sit there until I add another item.  I don't need to spend $15 a month for Prime and can put that money towards the purchase of goods.