Esteemed Contributor
I don't mind it. I have a couple of jean capris with a frayed hemline.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Frayed hemlines?

[ Edited ]

@ID2 wrote:

I was probably the inventor of frayed hemlines! Back in the 70's I took down the hems of all of my jeans. I'm tall and that was my solution. Sure I wear frayed hems now. Why wouldn't I?

@ID2  I think was the inventor of frayed hemlines!  I am short and would cut my jeans to the right length and let them fray after scraping them on the sidewalk to give them that worn in look.  At least now they stitch them to kept on fraying further, mine just keep on going.

Honored Contributor

I don't wear the frayed look, but I think one pair to wear for fun, then that's it.  That trend has come and will eventually go away. 

Trends are created to make money for designers, manufacturers, and retailers.  If women purchased very good quality classic clothing they could wear it for years. There would be no need for trends other than, let's face it, many women get tired of wearing the same thing .  

Honored Contributor

Talbots has hemmed jeans as does Belks Bandolino.  Check Macys.

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

I don't wear the frayed look, but I think one pair to wear for fun, then that's it.  That trend has come and will eventually go away. 

Trends are created to make money for designers, manufacturers, and retailers.  If women purchased very good quality classic clothing they could wear it for years. There would be no need for trends other than, let's face it, many women get tired of wearing the same thing .  

@Foxxee Exactly!! I don't want to keep wearing the samething.  I am one who likes to change it up a bit.  I am like more of of the Bohemian type clothing.  I never was a classic clothing person. 

Esteemed Contributor

@okaywitheasypay wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

It's like any fad....here today, out of style tomorrow. 

@Effie54 this is true. One could purchase a pair and wear with a few seasons ago cold shoulder tops then next season have top and bottom out of stye.Smiley Wink or the sellers could hawk them as retro.

Yes, exactly. I saw someone yesterday in the salon with the cold shoulder top, and thought it was so five years ago. I'm not into the truly trendy fashions. The trends go before I get enough use out of them. 

Super Contributor

I provide my own wear and tear to my garments.  I don't need the manufacturer to distress, fray or place holes in my garment.  Given time my clothes will become vintage looking all on their own.

Honored Contributor

A light touch frayed hem ,is okay but i have seen them on people with long strings hanging ,looks terrible,and i hate the holy jeans look.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

Love.