Honored Contributor

@lizzief wrote:

Call me old fashioned, I don't understand all of the various clothing lines at the Q with frayed edges, like jeans, jean jackets, cropped pants. Is this a thing outside of the Q? I don't buy them. I like clean, finished edges, but are they really that popular? 

What's to understand?  You either like it or not.  Purchase what you like. 

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't wear anything with a frayed edge .... that's just not my style. 

BUT - did buy 2 LOGO jackets with frayed edge - I turned it under and hemmed the jacked.   Same with a pair of pants - they had to be shortened anyway.

Problem solved.

Honored Contributor

Back in the 60's & 70's we frayed our own jeans, the bell bottoms drug the ground.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I don't mind at the ankles.

The rest is a "high school young woman look".  I won't be buying. 

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I wouldn't wear anything with a frayed edge .... that's just not my style. 

BUT - did buy 2 LOGO jackets with frayed edge - I turned it under and hemmed the jacked.   Same with a pair of pants - they had to be shortened anyway.

Problem solved.

LOL

Honored Contributor

I love the look and have a few of them in my wardrobe.  I like to change things up.

Honored Contributor

I just think they should tell us this during presentations.  It can be done in a very positive light.  I bought a denim jacket during Jayne's show last year, an All Worthy trucker jacket.  She of all people should have mentioned the fraying, since she started at QVC as a buyer.  First I was dismayed and then I wore it a couple times and decided I like it.

Honored Contributor

@lizzief wrote:

Call me old fashioned, I don't understand all of the various clothing lines at the Q with frayed edges, like jeans, jean jackets, cropped pants. Is this a thing outside of the Q? I don't buy them. I like clean, finished edges, but are they really that popular? 

@lizzief  I guess each of us has our own taste and style when it comes to fashion. Some frayed clothing is too youthful for me, but I did purchase Amy's Studio Park Denim Jacket which is just slightly frayed around the collar and a few other places. 

I think too much on a pr. of jeans, where they look ripped to shreds, is not attractive IMO. I don't mind frayed hems since I have to shorten them anyway.

Honored Contributor

I have never bought any frayed items but I do have some and wear them from time to time.  They are frayed the old fashioned way by lots of wear and love for  the item.  My 41 year old DIL loves her torn jeans.  Just a few weeks ago my 7 year old GD started wearing them as well.  I just do not want to pay for torn items. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I think some are ok,for the young,what i do not like is all the patches ,on clothes ,mainly jeans, looks like a scare crow should be wearing them.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.