Honored Contributor

Re: France's First Lady's LBD

[ Edited ]

If your daughter's 40-year-old teacher had seduced your 15-year-old daughter, would you think it was punishable under the pedophile laws?  If you don't, then you really are not a caring mother. 

According to what I read, it was punishable in France, but his parents and hers were high-profile people and they did not want to make a laughing stock of him and so they moved him away from her.  Remember when the lady in the USA went to jail for doing this to a young man and when she got out of jail they married because she was pregnant with his baby.  Similar thing.

Yes, it was illegal and not it is not all right just because she was allright.  What non-thinking thinks it is okay if the woman is happy and the child is psychologically damaged for life?  Probably someone who, themselves, would engage in the same behavior and yes, it is statutory rape in the USA.  

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

Bizarre, the relationship and the dress if she is happy, that is all that matters I guess.

Who on God's green earth would think that her feelings are all that counts here? This old woman, now ready to draw social security in our country, seduced a young boy and took his youth from him AND YOU THINK IT IS OKAY IF SHE IS

HAPPY!

I hope you are never alone in a room with my young grandsons.

Honored Contributor

@NameAlreadyTaken wrote:

If your daughter's 40-year-old teacher had seduced your 15-year-old daughter, would you think it was punishable under the pedophile laws?  If you don't, then you really are not a caring mother. 

According to what I read, it was punishable in France, but his parents and hers were high-profile people and they did not want to make a laughing stock of him and so they moved him away from her.  Remember when the lady in the USA went to jail for doing this to a young man and when she got out of jail they married because she was pregnant with his baby.  Similar thing.

Yes, it was illegal and not it is not all right just because she was allright.  What non-thinking thinks it is okay if the woman is happy and the child is psychologically damaged for life?  Probably someone who, themselves, would engage in the same behavior and yes, it is statutory rape in the USA.  

@NameAlreadyTaken wrote:

If my 15 year old daughter had been seduced by her 40 year old teacher it would be called rape.

Esteemed Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@NYC Susan

@NYC Susan wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

I have a friend whose live in man is 20 years her junior.  They've been together for years.  He doesn't have a "mommy complex", he just thinks she is an awesome woman, which she is!

My husband is 10 years younger than I am. No Mommy or Grammy complex. 

10 years ain't nuthin'!

Cat Happy

I agree. I have close relatives who have been married and madly in love for years, and they are  more than 20 years apart in age.  When both people are adults, there's not a single thing wrong with it.

But this woman was his teacher.  He was her student.  And he was a minor.  Totally different situation.

I certainly wasn't condoning a teacher going after a student.

Just commenting on age differences.

Oh, I know you weren't!  I was just referring to previous comments from posters who apparently think this is okay.

I'm so sorry that wasn't clear.

Esteemed Contributor

@NameAlreadyTaken wrote:

@RetRN wrote:

Bizarre, the relationship and the dress if she is happy, that is all that matters I guess.

Who on God's green earth would think that her feelings are all that counts here? This old woman, now ready to draw social security in our country, seduced a young boy and took his youth from him AND YOU THINK IT IS OKAY IF SHE IS

HAPPY!

I hope you are never alone in a room with my young grandsons.

Yeah, I pretty much don't care about her feelings either.  Her selfish need for her own happiness at the expense of a young, hormone-raging male is disgraceful.  She took advantage of her position as his teacher to get what she wanted.  There's no excuse for that.  None.

I do disagree, though, with your contention that a poster who finds nothing wrong with what she did would be inclined to do the same thing.  That seems a bit far-fetched to me.

Super Contributor

@NameAlreadyTaken wrote:

She was his high school drama teacher, when he was 16 and she was 40 ,and they began having an affair.  That is creepy to me.  She is now 63 and he is 39.  I think she is trying to look like that high school girl she wished she were when she was seducing him in high school.  Just creepy.

In addition to preying on a child, which is what he was at the time..she was married with her own 3 children while she pursued a young teenager. Her daughter was also in that class. That is a child predator. No teacher should ever pursue their student., nor should an adult prey on a child. Teaching is a position of great trust. I have zero respect for that woman.

Honored Contributor

@CHIP62 wrote:

Great legs, however  Brigitte Trogneux Is not the epitome of a French elegant lady.

Remember  super classy/ stylish Anne-Aymone Giscard d'Estaing? What a difference! Even Mme. Claude Pompidou was not a beauty but knew how to dress very well.  

Carla Bruni is a different story, young, Italian and gorgeous.

M. Macron's wife tries too hard and everyone "can tell" that she does. Weird countenance, maybe plastic surgery...🌻C'est l'amour

@QueenDanceALot

I give you exhibit a! LOL

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@NameAlreadyTaken wrote:

I was deducting their ages. I did not realize she is now 64.  He was 15 and she was 40 when she was his teacher and she kissed him first time.  

But it is his love affair with the glamorous Brigitte, whom he fell in love with aged just 15 during drama classes at a private Catholic school in Amiens, northern France, that has captivated the world's imagination.

I don't know if any of you had 15-year-old sons in high school but I did and if some 40-year-old woman had seduced one of mine, I would have had her arrested.

You cannot say "well, it's allright, because it turned out this way."  It is never all right for a woman to seduce her minor students.  No matter what anyone says.  It is pedophelia.  

He was past puberty so I don't think the situation qualifies as pedophilia.

Grossly inappropriate, but not pedophilia.

@QueenDanceALot

The correct term is ephebophilie

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Andreatoo wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@NameAlreadyTaken wrote:

I was deducting their ages. I did not realize she is now 64.  He was 15 and she was 40 when she was his teacher and she kissed him first time.  

But it is his love affair with the glamorous Brigitte, whom he fell in love with aged just 15 during drama classes at a private Catholic school in Amiens, northern France, that has captivated the world's imagination.

I don't know if any of you had 15-year-old sons in high school but I did and if some 40-year-old woman had seduced one of mine, I would have had her arrested.

You cannot say "well, it's allright, because it turned out this way."  It is never all right for a woman to seduce her minor students.  No matter what anyone says.  It is pedophelia.  

He was past puberty so I don't think the situation qualifies as pedophilia.

Grossly inappropriate, but not pedophilia.

@QueenDanceALot

The correct term is ephebophilie

@Andreatoo

If that's, what she is, wouldn't she still be going after boys in that age group?

If a pedophile marries a grown person, they are still pedophiles and continue their pursuit of their preference.  That's my understanding, anyway.

I'm really asking out of genuine curiosity about these clinical diagnoses.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@QueenDanceALot

I don't know. I only know that post- pubescent is ephebophilia. I learned the term on Law & Order SVU! LOL

But it does stand to reason that you would continue to do so.