Honored Contributor

France's First Lady's LBD

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono and others - what do you think? I think she looks fantastic and I LOVE her shoes!

Brigitte Macron, wife of French President, arrives to take part in a visit to the Magritte Museum, on May 25, 2017 in Brussels on the sidelines of the NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization) summit.

"The drop-waist, flounced-hem dress had a youthful slant, but it was the accessories that stole the show. Louis Vuitton’s low-slung black belt provided polish, while the house’s beige and black pumps added a graphic element—and further elongated Macron's impressively toned legs."

Honored Contributor

Re: France's First Lady's LBD

I like the shoes but not the low-slung belt.

Honored Contributor

I am in love with the shoes but the dress looks childish to me...sorry.She is a beautiful woman though.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It must be exhausting trying not to look like his mother.....when she looks like his mother.  She's ultra thin, she can get away with that dress but I don't like it.  It just looks odd.  I do like the shoes but I shoes but there's nothing unusual about them. Cute black dress, cute sandal.  Isn't  that every woman's look in the summer?

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not a fan of the dress or the shoes.  The dress would be cute on someone much younger.  I don't usually think fashion should be dictated by age, but this looks much too young for her, far too "cutesie".

Honored Contributor

She was his high school drama teacher, when he was 16 and she was 40 ,and they began having an affair.  That is creepy to me.  She is now 63 and he is 39.  I think she is trying to look like that high school girl she wished she were when she was seducing him in high school.  Just creepy.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

shapeless and doesn't fit  nor flatter her in any way

imo

Esteemed Contributor

Brigitte Macron looks very nice dressed in Louis Vuitton. I've read that L.V. is lending her clothes to wear for official functions which is fine. I think that one of the reasons that she looks a lot older than her husband is that she suntans a lot. You can tell that she has leathery looking skin from too much sun exposure.

Esteemed Contributor

@TY wrote:

Brigitte Macron looks very nice dressed in Louis Vuitton. I've read that L.V. is lending her clothes to wear for official functions which is fine. I think that one of the reasons that she looks a lot older than her husband is that she suntans a lot. You can tell that she has leathery looking skin from too much sun exposure.

I agree that her skin is leathery-looking.  She looks older than her age, which is unfortunate because it makes the age difference seem even more than it is.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm conflicted about this outfit. I like the shoes but unsure about the dress. I agree it looks a little cutesie; definitely not my style.

As far as she seducing him, her account as per news reports is that when he was 17 he told her "I don't care whatever you do, I will marry you" or something to that effect. 

My husband is younger than me. He told his friends he would do whatever he could to be with me. Macron sounds like my husband. He was way more mature than his age and he knew what he wanted. It seems to me that he seduced her and she fought him but in the end she says in the report, " I couldn't resist him". 

His parents sent him to Paris to study for his senior year to create distance so he could hopefully forget her and that didn't work. 

IMO this was destiny. I don't think he really cares that she looks much older than him. He didn't seem to care then and the way they passionately kiss in public, I don't think he cares now. I also don't think she is killing herself trying to look his age but trying to be the best version of herself. She comes off as a very confident woman. They are secure in their relationship it seems.

~Live with Intention~