Honored Contributor

Re: Four Season gals question: Do you put away your linen clothes and white pants after Labor Day?

I choose clothes in seasonal colors but more likely because they're warmer than light colored clothes and lighter weight fabrics.

I'm one of those "always cold" people, so I have to work harder to stay warm than to stay cool.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Four Season gals question: Do you put away your linen clothes and white pants after Labor Day?

We have 4 distinct seasons here.  I wear white pants/jeans/capris all summer, but stop wearing white and linen after Labor Day (and I dont care what Stacy London says!).  Then I wear fall transitional clothes until the switch to winter clothes after Halloween.  I use the change of seasons as an excuse to clean closets and donate clothing, etc.  I kind of rotate clothes from one closet to the other every 3 months or so.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I'm in NC.  If it stays SO hot into September, then I'll wear white slacks sparringly around the first ten days, however any spring flower or light color in scarves or tops will have been stored.

I'll go to dark ankle pants.

Respected Contributor

i wear my summer clothes, white jeans and and most of my sandals well into September!  in Sept into even Oct we can still get quite tropical and the ocean is the warmest then too we have a good 6-7 months of cold. freezing snowy gloomy weather ahead.(NE)

that "no white rule" is archaic. its over 100 years old!   it was originally No White Shoes After Labor Day at the Country Club.  still using boot hooks to fasten your white high button shoes?

Honored Contributor

@ashleigh dupray wrote:

i wear my summer clothes, white jeans and and most of my sandals well into September!  in Sept into even Oct we can still get quite tropical and the ocean is the warmest then too we have a good 6-7 months of cold. freezing snowy gloomy weather ahead.(NE)

that "no white rule" is archaic. its over 100 years old!   it was originally No White Shoes After Labor Day at the Country Club.  still using boot hooks to fasten your white high button shoes?

Thank goodness we don't do that anymore!Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I do put away white after labor day. It feels odd to me to wear it. My mom always had us do that and I can't change.

Honored Contributor

I stop wearing white pants but all other summer stuff is still on the table for a few more weeks here in the DC area.

It's still in the 80s/90s and humid.

I will wear my white shorts until October and then switch to denim or black shorts.

It's still shorts weather in October some days.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN