Trusted Contributor

Found a great bargain for myself . . .

Was in the market for new black jeans, so I stopped at Goodwill before I went to the department stores. Oh my! Ann Taylor Loft, my size, fit me perfect, with senior discount=$3.99. Problem was there were 4.5" longer than my inseam of 29". No problem. At that price, I could afford to take them to my local dry cleaner who does alterations on jeans for only $11. They fit like they were made for me & I got a great bargain to boot! A happy girl will be wearing those jeans at a Christmas Day family dinner. Hope you all have gotten some bargains for yourself.

Honored Contributor

Re: Found a great bargain for myself . . .

Great find!....I stalk my Goodwill store but never find a thing!

Trusted Contributor

Goodwill has a senior discount? I had no idea. Is it on a special day? or is it all the time? age?

Great bargain you got! I have been sending bags and bags of clothes to them the past 6 months. I have way too much, and I lost (not intentionally) a ton of weight so everything is hanging on me.

But I never poked around to shop....I don't need anything. If I poke around,I will buy Smiley Happy But the senior discount.....hmmmmm Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gabstoomuch

Yes Goodwill has a sr discount. yahoo.gifWhen my GS came to visit as an infant, I went there & for $1.00 purchased one of those designer strollers that takes a PH.d to open.  You know the ones, that only PARENTS know how to make it work.

Every store & busines & I mean EVERY, I go to, the FIRST thing out of my mouth........

Do you accept senior, AARP or AAA discounts???? 

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@joannechaGreat deal - stalking the thrift shops does pay off sometimes, Well worth heading to the tailor with those jeans - they're still going to be less than the fabled $20 bill!

Honored Contributor

I am heading to the mall tomorrow.  All my gifts are bought and wrapped so maybe I will find something for myself!

Respected Contributor

Who doesn't like a bargain? It's especially nice with leather items as the prices are sky high these days. My best buy was a designer black leather skirt suit I bought at a thrift shop for $15. It's a favorite of mine of course. Most recently i bought a pair of brown leather jeans from E-Bay for $10, new with tags. E Bay has been my best source lately. 

Respected Contributor

Congrats on all the bargains, ladies.  It is indeed thrilling to get something really nice at an insanely low price.  Paying full price takes all the fun out of shopping.  My most recent bargain was a Marla Wynne tank top that was 80% off/reduced shipping.  It's a black and off white marled knit.  The best thing about it is that the fabric is heavenly.  It feels so soft that I just love to bum around the house in it. 

I got a pair of sandals at HSN that were 85% off/free shipping recently as well.  They're not the greatest, but they're good to slip on when it's really hot because they're just a couple of straps.  They're fashion shoes and so don't meet my standards for construction or durability.  I won't be buying that brand again.

I like to buy my boots and winter coats between March and June and my sandals between August and October.  Since I buy only classic styles, it doesn't matter that the season is over.

Respected Contributor

The day after Christmas all the calendars go to half price.  I always pick up a couple that week, one for my kitchen and one for my office.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

My BEST find at Goodwill was a black CABI long coat with a beautiful print small flowers lining and the upper back embroidered with gorgeous colorful flowers of varying sizes and leaves. It was $18 and had a dry cleaning tag on it. I believe it probably cost at least $200 new.