Honored Contributor

Found My Perfect Layering Tees!

Hanes Sport Women's line.  I bought one Cool Dry tee to try them out ... and returned for a bunch more.  I get them at the Hanes website.

The long sleeve performance tees are perfect for layering under just about anything, and when you don't need them as a layering piece ... were just fine on their own.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Found My Perfect Layering Tees!

Our favorite layering tees and pants are from 32 degrees. Sold at Costco -under $10! I've worn them as tops without a top layer. Great quality and you can't beat the value. They have options for women, men & children

Waterproof-32-Degrees-Heat-Ladies-Long-Sleeve-Scoop-Neck-Base-Layer-Costco-2.jpg

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

My daughter who lives in Denver is an exercise fanatic.  She ski's every weekend (cross country, etc).  She fly fishes, you name it.

Recently my dentist (who knows her) asked me to find out from her what he should buy to keep warm while skiing.  She said most people who ski know it's not as much about WHAT you wear as layering your clothes.

I'm not a very good judge on body temperature because I had my thyroid removed and that (among other things) controls body temperature.  So, I'm hot one minute and cold the next.

I do know that even in these recent temps (15, and so on), if I wear anything resembling 'long underwear' or things that are designed to keep the body warm, I'll be out and think I'm going to sweat to death.

When I was young I could wear clothes that insulated the body, but not anymore.

Oh!  To be young(er)  just even the first part of the word!  Ha!  Nothing good about being old(er) especially in this freaking cold.

Good for you guys!  Just sayin'.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

My daughter who lives in Denver is an exercise fanatic.  She ski's every weekend (cross country, etc).  She fly fishes, you name it.

Recently my dentist (who knows her) asked me to find out from her what he should buy to keep warm while skiing.  She said most people who ski know it's not as much about WHAT you wear as layering your clothes.

I'm not a very good judge on body temperature because I had my thyroid removed and that (among other things) controls body temperature.  So, I'm hot one minute and cold the next.

I do know that even in these recent temps (15, and so on), if I wear anything resembling 'long underwear' or things that are designed to keep the body warm, I'll be out and think I'm going to sweat to death.

Oh!  To be young(er)  just even the first part of the word!  Ha!  Nothing good about being old(er) especially in this freaking cold.

@Annabellethecat66,Honey if you worked for my store, you'd freeze your...er..."can" off!  It will be 20 degrees outside (Remember I am in an open mall.  No lid on the thing!), so our door opens into the outdoors.  We walk in to 57ish degrees.  IF we're lucky, we'll hit 67 by late afternoon!  WE have to pay for the work on the heating system on THEIR building, and corporate won't!!!

I had on a Ralph Lauren turtleneck (which are VERY thick) and an acrylic scarf on top of that and I was chilled all day!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Chi-town girl

For cold weather wear ...  I buy the Thermaskin underwear from LandsEnd.  They have bottoms and a variety of top styles.

I wore them today under my clothes ... it was 12 degrees (wind chill of 5) .... and I had to walk four blocks (going and coming).  My feet were in furry boots (we still have ice and snow on the ground) ... but my legs were very comfortable in the Thermaskin bottoms under my pants.

Watch the sales ... I paid less than half price on some of them (I have all the colors).

Honored Contributor

@ECBG You know me better than anyone...Ha!  Right now I have on a short sleeve shirt, a long sleeve thing from QVC and one of those long sleeve things that's kinda like fleece.

However, in a little while 2 things will come off.  It's back and forth with me.  Drives me crazy!  Drives my cats crazy!

Bill is snuggled next to me...I think I saw where he had his bags packed!

I've been home mostly for a few days and I think he's fed up with me.  I have 3 Dyson heaters and 3 humidifiers going 24/7.  Even though I have a whole house humidifier. 

Bill has told me (by looks) if I shock him one more time he's outta' here!  Ha!

Love you @ECBG.  You should be getting your package in a day or two.  Enjoy as you are amazing!

Love you so much, Me!

Esteemed Contributor

@Chi-town girl

I own 6 of these tees --- inexpensive and so comfortable. Wearing one under my long-sleeve turtleneck right now.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@Annabellethecat66  Gotcha. For the same reason, I layer but with a tee and a cardigan...I can start to “peel” if necessary.