Honored Contributor

Re: Former First Daughter Barbara Bush's Wedding Gown

Vera Wang's sketch

16-barbara-bush-wedding.jpg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

Barbara could have a thyroid issue, both of her grandparents did/do. Or some other health issue. She has always been thin to my recollection, but not that thin.

Some people who are very thin have health issues, and that's a private matter. Her sister said that Barbara is a very private person, thus the small intimate wedding.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

The poor woman!! Please, she is a thin person, she has always been a thin girl. 

So many mean comments about her lack of a figure.  This Body Shaming is sick!!!   Maybe she lost weight planning her wedding

Contributor

Sadly, this dress did her no justice in my opinion.

Honored Contributor

@CatsyCline wrote:

The poor woman!! Please, she is a thin person, she has always been a thin girl. 

So many mean comments about her lack of a figure.  This Body Shaming is sick!!!   Maybe she lost weight planning her wedding

Can you imagine the uproar if the bride were fat and people kept commenting on how fat she was?

Trusted Contributor

Well...I was in Kennebunkport all weekend and she had lovely weather.  Congratulations to her and her husband. 

I think she looked lovely.  I hope she has a lifetime of happiness and good heatlh.  

As for Jennas dress - doesn't photograph well but in person I'm sure is lovely.  The pic of  the bride with her grandfather is precious. 

Respected Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

Forget the wedding gown, what were Laura and Jenna Bush thinking?????

They are wonderful people , but they were never sharp dressers.

As for the wedding dress..... there is something ethereal in it especially at this location and scenery. But it is not my taste either, particularly around the chest area....

Wish them lots luck and love.

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

She does not have enough up top to hold it up IMO.

When people are loosing wait to look great in the dress the b...s are going south big time. 

Unless you go for reconstruction and lifting.... She has chosen to go natural and that is what happens....if you are not 18 anymore..... Sad truth of life

Frequent Contributor

What a bunch of nasty and mean comments. Shame on all of you. Barbara Bush made a beautiful bride.

Trusted Contributor

I think if she had more up there it would look overly sexy/vulgar would look vulgar.  I suppose what matters is that she loved it.  Obviously it was made for her so the fit was likely intentional.