Valued Contributor

Former Brands-Dialogue and Sports Savvy to mention a few

I really love some of the former brands.  Dialogue was a great brand.

I loved their pencil skirts.  They were long enough (I'm 5'10 1/2 ") and have lasted for years.

Yes, I said lasted.  They are classics and I still wear them and get compliments on them all the time.  They still look good as new.

I'm even asked where I bought them, because longer length pencil skirts are hard to find.

I also have Sports Savvy jackets that I still wear, because they are classics and haven't gone out of style.  Also, they are a good length and don't cut me off above the waist.

Respected Contributor

Re: Former Brands-Dialogue and Sports Savvy to mention a few

I was a MOTTO girl, just donated my last jacket topper.

Would that be nice if the Q listened to us and brought maybe at least one of these brands back or reinvented a new brand similar to the fashion forward styles.

Honored Contributor

I still have some lightly worn sports savvy items. Denim and company active will never be sports savvy.
Valued Contributor

Sports  Savy was much better than D &Co. I srill have a couple little jackets I wear. Would love for this brand to come back.  We need somwthing knew. Hint hint. Need more 100% cotton clothing.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

My problem with Sports Savvy was if the top fit,  the pants were at least 2 sizes too large in their two-piece sets.   They made their pants huge. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

There wAs a very casual Sport Savvy jacket that I bought in 17 colors. It was an absolutely perfect layering piece in my workplace.

After losing weight I could no longer wear them, and I miss them to this day.There is now a D&C jacket available that looks somewhat similar, but omits most of the advantages of the original, and costs about $5 more.

I see this as a major flaw of online shopping. When we shopped locally, there was more immediate feedback at a personal level, so that individual tastes could be addressed. Not so with big online shopping.

I think there's a good place for both, but it is the locals who are losing out more, at least in my neighborhood. Even shopping Vermont Country Store is a worldwide thing.

Wish there were still a balance.....

Honored Contributor

Dialogue pants were perfect for my shape.  I know a lot of people complained about how small they felt the waist was but that is what I needed for my pear shape.  I never had to alter my Dialogue pants.

Same with the skirts.  The waist always fit perfectly.

Valued Contributor

I loved Dialogue.  I was upset when they stopped making them.

Regular Contributor

Agree with you on Sports Savvy - had many of their velour jog suits when I was slimmer. But am I the only one who remembers Urban Wool separates - lovely quality slacks, sweaters back in the  90;s and early 2000's but of course they had to be dry cleaned. Also Gabriella T sweaters with the most beautiful prints - all the sweaters were made in Italy, she would come over a few times a year with her sweaters and then no more...... And a small boutique like line called Cedar Canyon that had some great lightweight jackets with animals, prints - you had to see to appreciate. Also a line that was silk shirts and pants....I  guess I am dating myself - I started with QVC in 1993.......I guess that is why we are shocked at the prices today for the quality you receive, in general. I think the prices were adjusted when the shipping became a flat rate for clothes and no half price shipping anymore if you bought more than one item in one order........  so one just has to be more selective.......I never used to worry about returns, so I ordered much more. Cannot do that any more....

Honored Contributor

Huge SS pants, for sure!  I became tired of returning the 2pc sets.  Loved the tops, though.  Wish I would have kept them,  (just for the tops/jackets), and donated the bottoms.  Oh, well. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).